TAHRA Job Listings
Welcome to TAHRA’s HR Job Postings!
This is a service where HR professionals seeking employment in the Tulsa area can view current position vacancies and companies can advertise their openings to HR professionals.
View Job Details
About the Company:
Check-6 International, Inc., previously listed as 100 on Inc's 500 Fastest Growing Companies list, has an opportunity for an HR Manager. Our roots come from aviation, but we are taking aviation training solutions and applying them to other high performance industries. After the BP offshore disaster, the Oil and Gas companies are struggling with a complex training problem and they know that we have the solution. Our clients, which include Chevron, Shell, Exxon Mobil etc., are utilizing our Human Performance systems now, but we need your help!
We have an immediate need for an HR Manager in the Tulsa, OK area. If you feel that you've got "The Right Stuff" and are ready to make a difference in addition to embarking on a fantastic career, we are your company.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing all Human Resources related activities for all Check-6 entities. Including but not limited to: compensation, talent management, talent acquisition, benefits, and HR policies and procedures. The Human Resources Manager reports to the HR Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and control all activities of the department.
- Develop department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Implement and annually update compensation program.
- Conduct salary surveys and evaluate merit pool.
- Analyze compensation and make recommendations to management as necessary.
- Monitor performance evaluation program, revise program when needed.
- Maintain job description library; update and rewrite job descriptions as necessary.
- Develop, recommend, and administer HR policies and procedures, including the maintenance of all applicable employee and consultant manuals.
- Responsible for oversight of benefits administration including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Responsible for oversight of recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conduct new-employee orientations; monitor career pathing program, write and place job announcements.
- Manage employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and other meetings and seminars.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend and/or implement new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Human Resources Management
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification required
- Minimum of 8 years of human resource management experience
- International HR Experience a plus
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Check-6 International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply at: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH13/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CHECINC&cws=1&rid=42
Travel Requirements: 10%
Jarboe Sales Company
View Job Details
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Administer and ensure perfect, accurate, efficient and timeliness of all on and off cycle payroll activities for 250+ employees including timekeeping, payroll review, and distribution of payments. Work with team members to resolve all pay issues.
- Prepare / process a variety of payroll documents including but not limited to new hire paperwork, garnishments, medical support orders, tax with holdings, retirement plan transfers and ACH transfers, FUTA, SUTA, quarterly tax reporting, annual W-2 and 1099.
- Reconcile payroll account balances. Maintains interface with the general ledger.
- Ensure audit preparedness by maintaining organized supporting documentation and internal controls.
- Develop and maintain reporting processes, procedures and internal controls for payroll. Including process coverage documentation and knowledge transfer plans.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures and all Federal, State and local payroll and tax laws. Proper payroll records' retention and file maintenance is critical.
- Compile statistical and payroll reports as requested.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of payroll.
- Work cooperatively and proactively with employees, vendors and others, to drive change and ensure services excellence.
- Partner with Payroll / Benefit vendors on system updates, changes and issues, employing creative solutions to streamline, scalable payroll processes.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Minimum 5 years of payroll processing experience
- Knowledgeable in GAAP relating to payroll
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- MS-Office proficient. Specifically, Excel intermediate to advance.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines.
- Certified Payroll Professional is preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA
- Company paid Life Insurance plus Optional Life
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Matching 401K
- Paid vacation
Travel Requirements: 10%
Contact Name: Melissa Epp
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Farmers Electric Cooperative
View Job Details
Applications will be accepted through March 17, 2014.
Apply on-line at www.wfec.com
SALARY RANGE: $44,034 - $66,189
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Manager, Human Resources, the Compensation Analyst administers the compensation system including system reporting, job market analysis, job evaluation, salary and wage progressions and analysis of the compensation system's overall competitiveness in the job market. The incumbent also assists supervision with the creation of new and the review of existing job descriptions. The incumbent ensures that job descriptions are written using a standard cooperative-wide structure and titling convention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Applies Federal and State laws, regulations and the Cooperative's policies to the pay processes to ensure compliance.
- Areas of expertise include the determination of base pay, overtime pay, shift work pay, holiday pay, and paid and unpaid leave.
- Gathers job market data, compares data against new and existing jobs, and uses job assessment guidelines to make recommendations for placing a job in the salary structure.
- Maintains approval documentation, exceptions and information used in pay grade determinations.
- Gathers and provides the Cooperative's responses to various wage and salary surveys.
- Ensures accurate application of pay rates for new employees, step increases, progressions and pay changes.
- Ensures that all pay changes are approved and documents those changes.
- Maintains current job descriptions with input from the supervisor.
- Writes new job descriptions for supervisor approval.
- Uses Cooperative-wide standard format for job descriptions.
- Considers like jobs in other areas of the organization when preparing job descriptions.
- Makes recommendations for changes in job value based on amended or new job information.
- Maintains position management, job codes, job titles, security access and pay administration setup, workflow and testing in the automated Human Resources system.
- Ensures vacant positions are tracked and budget limitations are documented on new and existing positions.
- Administers automated performance data and applies annual pay adjustments using approved pay for performance guidelines.
- Assists supervisors with performance process issues.
- Ensures timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Recommends exemption status using the appropriate FLSA tests to the Department Manager.
- Acts as back up payroll processing in the absence of the Compensation Specialist.
- Compiles and publishes various reports and tools used by the Human Recourses department and others such as accurate and timely organizational charts, budget reports and projections, and paid time and overtime reports.
- Assists with the annual budget process by providing current compensation data to budget preparers, projections of pay and compensation costs, and assistance with pay and compensation questions.
- Works closely with other departments and particularly Financial Services to ensure necessary and accurate information transfer.
- Maintains data confidentiality as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors required.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field and two years of progressively responsible experience in compensation administration is required.
- Directly related experience may be substituted for education at the rate of two years of experience for one year of education.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, managers, employees, and outside professionals.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions or numerical information including fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of data and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to use a personal computer and Microsoft Office software including Excel (expert level skills), Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Experience using PeopleSoft HR, Payroll, or Time and Labor or a human resource information system or automated pay administration system is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- This job requires a current driver's license.
- Certified Compensation Professional is preferred.
WORK SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS:
- May be asked to work additional hours to meet deadlines. May be required to travel on short notice.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
MUST MEET ALL PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS MINORITIES AND WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY WFEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
- Medical & Dental insurance, different option plans for family and single coverage.
- Life Insurance: WFEC provides term life insurance for employees based on three times the employee's salary, with accidental death and dismemberment benefits. Company-paid term insurance is provided for family members.
- Retirement Plans: WFEC offers two retirement plans: a traditional defined benefit pension plan and a 401(k) program. The defined benefit plan is funded entirely by WFEC and provides either an annuity or lump sum payment upon reaching normal retirement age. WFEC provides base funding for the 401(k) account and also provides a match for employee contributions. Employees may make pre-tax contributions to a traditional 401(k), or the employee may choose to make after-tax contributions to a Roth 401(k) account.
- Additional Insurance Benefits: WFEC also offers Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance. Paid Vacation, Sick Leave and Holidays: New employees at WFEC begin accruing paid vacation and sick leave from the first month of their employment. In addition, paid holidays are also provided.
Travel Requirements: 10%
Contact Name: Mandi
Contact Phone: 405-247-4427
Contact Email: email@example.com
View Job Details
Job Title: Benefits Analyst III
This position is responsible for the oversight and administration of Williams' medical, prescription drug, vision and disease management programs and related benefit carriers. This position involves monitoring plan costs and emerging trends in order to assess potential communications or plan design opportunities. Managing benefit carriers, maintaining compliance activities, and managing annual enrollment are key elements to this position. This role will be involved in annual design sessions, contract renewals, and provide expert knowledge and ongoing data analysis to the strategic direction of Health and Group benefits. To be successful, the individual must effectively collaborate with Health and Group Benefits staff members, HRIS, Legal, Benefits Accounting, and Corporate Communications.
- Vendor management of Williams' medical carriers.
- Contract renewals, request for proposals.
- Planning, development and coordination of monthly/quarterly/annual communications and related change management activities.
- Compliance related activities: SPD amendments, SBCs, SARs, and 5500s. Responding timely to participant issues and leveraging the service delivery model of Williams' and our benefit carriers.
- Monitor Health and Welfare benefit design trends and participate in the identification of potential design strategies.
- Responding timely to claims and appeals by gathering pertinent information for claims and appeals review and resolution.
- Facilitating new hire and annual enrollment meetings.
- The qualified candidate will possess knowledge of Health & Welfare benefits, preferably through direct experience in plan design, administration or communication of benefits.
- Must have strong financial and analytic capabilities, project management skills, and ability to communicate via oral and written methods at all levels of the company.
- A combination of education/experience can be substituted for educational requirements.
- Project management
- Vendor management
- Analytic skills
- Financial acumen
- Written and oral communication
- Highly skilled at MS Excel, Work and PowerPoint
- Interpersonal savvy
- Problem solving
- Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience.
This position will be filled at a level commensurate with the candidate's experience.
Travel Requirements: 25%
Contact Name: LaCher Thompson
Contact Phone: 9185738072
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matrix Service Company
View Job Details
About the Company:
Matrix Service Company provides engineering, fabrication, construction and maintenance services to the Electrical Infrastructure, Oil Gas & Chemical, Storage Solutions and Industrial markets. The Company is headquartered in Tulsa, with regional operating facilities in the United States and Canada.
The Division Human Resources Manager is primarily responsible for performing a broad range of human resources activities, including recruitment and staffing, employee relations, policy and procedure administration, HR training, and legal compliance for our subsidiary Company, Matrix PDM Engineering.
- Provide direction to managers on human resources programs, policies and procedures including recruitment and staffing, salary administration, employee relations, performance management, wage and hour regulations, and other related issues.
- Implement and administer employee handbook and other human resources policies, ensure consistent adherence to policies and programs, and interpret policies for managers and employees.
- Ensure compliance with employment law, including participating in internal investigations, EEOC/DOL claims, government audits, lawsuits, etc. Represent Company at EEOC, unemployment, and workers' compensation hearings.
- Provide guidance to managers on day-to-day employee relations issues - e.g., coaching and counseling employees, handling sensitive employee issues, discipline, layoffs, terminations, etc.
- Provide guidance and support to managers in their recruitment of employees. Define, recommend and implement targeted recruiting strategies. Assist with the definition of selection criteria and write job descriptions, job postings and advertisements.
- Provide guidance to managers in regards to salary administration, including implementing the Company's salary administration guidelines, advising managers in hiring/promotion decisions, and with distribution of the merit budget.
- With Corporate HR, develop and conduct internal HR/compliance training programs and/or recommend external programs consistent with overall strategy/policy.
- Working with Corporate HR, manage the implementation of and training associated with the Company's Affirmative Action Plan.
- Assist managers with candidate interview and selection, salary administration and offer negotiations; actively participate in the interview and selection process.
- Support, participate, and implement corporate Human Resources strategies, policies and initiatives; makes recommendations for new or improved practices.
- Monitor and stay current with industry trends, best practices and legislative developments in all aspects of human resources.
- Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics."
- Actively support the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values."
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- B.S. degree in Business, Management or a related discipline.
- 8+ years experience in human resources management, preferably in an engineering, construction, or manufacturing environment.
- Solid knowledge and practical application of federal and state employment laws.
- Broad experience in human resources, including recruitment and staffing, salary administration, employee relations, policy administration, and legal compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service orientation.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and database applications.
- Confidentiality and discretion a must; ability to handle sensitive situations.
- PHR certification preferred.
- Willingness to travel as needed/required.
- Ability to work and interact effectively at all internal organizational levels.
PHYSICAL/SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires occasional travel and overtime.
Travel Requirements: 10%
EEO/M/F/D/V/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this position, please go to https://rn21.ultipro.com/MAT1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=172
View Job Details
About the Company:
Newfield Exploration offers a dynamic environment for its employees as we grow our exploration and development operations both domestically and internationally.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, motivated and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a team of diverse people and programs. This person will be able to anticipate and react accordingly to change in requests or events, and manage this effectively. This person will be able to blend people into teams when needed, and demonstrate high morale and teamwork. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Be responsible for heavy calendar management, including the coordination of complex management meetings, calendar invites, room scheduling, Lunch and Learn / Catering Requests and scheduling conference calls.
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations, updating reports, charts and graphs as needed.
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management and team.
- Handling of correspondence, answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently, minimal front-desk switchboard relief.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain supplies and order in community areas: Conference rooms, Work rooms, Supply rooms, Printing stations, and Kitchens.
- Manage individual supply orders, expense reports, mail, Fed Ex, Courier and subscriptions for management and teams.
- Assist in coordination of moves including working with IT on computer needs, office services on office needs and Records Management on inventory and box pick up.
- Detailed-oriented and organized with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter who has the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient typing (55+ WPM), proofreading and PC skills in a Windows environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Newfield offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and annual incentives based on performance. We continue to seek experienced industry professionals with unique technical and commercial knowledge. Our employees are extremely talented with diverse backgrounds and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
5+ years Executive Administrative support experience required.
Positive, energetic, and willing to learn.
Support experience in an oil and gas company a plus.
One Williams Center, Tulsa, OK
View Job Details
The Payroll Department distinguishes itself by turning data into information to help make business decisions. We are a lean and high-performing team and provide payroll expertise to support effective service delivery and timely and accurate payroll processing. The Payroll Consultant is responsible for high level project work related to payroll processing and time & labor system modifications, which includes interaction with other COEs and departments. The Consultant is also the go-to payroll person for the Payroll team, provides back up payroll support and can process the day-to-day payroll activities when called upon to do so.
- Work closely with HRIS, Legal, HR and Operating/Functional areas to ensure consistent payroll processing and adherence to defined pay practices.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by utilizing available tools to maintain up-to-date knowledge of payroll legislation.
- Actively seek solutions for improvement and resolution of payroll related issues.
- Create metrics and analysis in order to make business decisions based on payroll information.
- Work on special projects that may include other COEs, i.e., streamlining T&L communication, training for call center staff on time clock and other T&L issues, etc.
- Demonstrate proactive, strategic, results-oriented ownership of issues and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Work closely with HR & Payroll Service Center to ensure accurate employee job data and identify/understand downstream impacts.
- Provide input, review and design processes to ensure efficiency and alignment with business objectives.
- Work as the direct liaison with finance to reconcile payroll accounts to include: T&E accounts, garnishment accounts, stock accounts, other accounts as needed.
- Participate in user testing for system upgrades and roll-outs as well as testing for system process/code changes.
- Provide feedback and results to HRIS and IT as necessary.
- Function as year-end project manager for U.S. and Canadian year end payroll processing.
- Provide feedback and training for team.
- Business Orientation - Considers issues in the context of overall culture and business strategy.
Understands interdependency among functions and how actions impact the organization.
Leverages knowledge of business priorities to set goals aligned with business strategies.
Practices applied innovative thinking to solving problems while capitalizing on opportunities to increase efficiency for the organization.
- Change Agent - Has a passion for continuous improvement and best practice results. Is a champion of innovative and practical solutions.
- Project Management - Has the ability to prioritize, multi-task and execute flawlessly, complex initiatives on time and within budget. Clearly defines the scope, expected deliverables, sequence, timeline, interdependencies and contingencies.
- Results Orientated - Demonstrates the commitment and drive necessary to accomplish both short and long term goals, with a "can do" attitude. Concentrates on results rather than activities. Focuses efforts on areas that deliver the most value for the company.
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of Payroll experience
- Must have experience utilizing PeopleSoft
- Must have excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Ability to think analytically when resolving issues
- Must have project management experience
- Excellent people skills: ability to motivate, cooperate with and work effectively with others
- Requires excellent oral and written communication
Medical, Dental, Vision, matching 401K, Pension, many others
Apply online at: https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=39921&company=WilliamsCo&username=
Magellan Midstream Partners
View Job Details
About the Company:
Magellan moves the fuel that keeps America going.
Magellan owns the longest refined petroleum products pipeline system in the country. We can tap into more than 40% of the nation's refining capacity and store over 70 million barrels of petroleum products such as gasoline, diesel fuel and crude oil. Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Magellan operates in more than 20 states and has over 1,400 employees. Magellan has career opportunities for talented, motivated professionals. We have competitive pay and excellent benefits. Safety, efficiency, honesty and responsibility are at the core of our business. Our character is demonstrated in the respect we show for our co-workers, our company and the communities in which we operate.
The Staffing and Recruiting Specialist is responsible for sourcing, pre-screening, recruiting, interviewing job candidates to fill existing and future job openings through consultations with management, visits to college campuses, etc. This position will assist with maintaining metrics such as time-to-hire and provide data to Human Resources for compliance reporting. In addition, this position will support systems, procedures and methods to support the Human Resource function.
- Screening, recruiting, interviewing qualified candidates, assessing talent and skills of applicants, and referring qualified candidates to hiring managers.
- Schedule interviews between candidates and hiring managers and participate in panel interviews as requested.
- Develop and execute recruiting solutions such as internet sourcing, direct sourcing, networking, and job fairs. Review media and weekly ads to identify trends and prospects.
- Working with hiring managers to identify specific talent needs.
- Maintaining a presence at targeted technical schools, colleges and universities.
- Develop and maintain a diversified pool of candidates for placement for open positions.
- Handle all internal and external telephone calls from candidates and people interested in open positions.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and a variety of external recruiting sources, and develop and maintain interview guides for hiring managers.
- Administers union bid process.
- Utilize Magellan's applicant tracking system for tracking the status of candidates, sources, interviews, offers, and decline. Assist in maintaining metrics such as time-to-hire and cost-per-hire, measure the quality of hires over the longer term. Assist in providing data to Human Resources for compliance reporting.
This position requires a minimum of 3-5 years of recruiting and staffing experience in the energy industry. College degree is required in business or related field. This position will be filled at a level commensurate with the candidate's education and experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co-workers, supervisors, internal and external customers
- The ability to work in stressful conditions
- The ability to adapt and respond in changing circumstances
- The ability to use a personal computer with the Windows operating system to complete time sheets, send and receive email, and access information posted on the Company's intranet
- Availability as needed to work on both a scheduled and call-out basis; and the ability to work at the assigned job site.
Please apply online at www.magellanlp.com/careers.aspx
Contact Name: David Pennington
Contact Phone: 918-574-7225
Contact Email: email@example.com
Tulsa Health Department
View Job Details
About the Company:
The Tulsa Health Department values the health and well-being of our employees and their families. We are committed to ensuring that our employees receive a complete and comprehensive package of pay, benefits, and learning and development programs, which support their physical, emotional, and financial health. Our employees are our greatest assets, and a happy, healthy, and highly trained workforce is what we strive for.
We have 34 different programs areas which allow for opportunities for mobility, education, and advancement. Employees enjoy a supportive environment, where they are offered numerous volunteer and training opportunities. As health is a priority for us, employees are able to participate in an extensive employee wellness program and work in a tobacco free environment.
The Human Resources Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. Under general supervision, the Human Resources Recruiter manages the recruitment process to maintain the required staffing levels for the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. Achieves staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates, advising managers and overseeing the intern program. The Human Resources Recruiter will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent.
- Responsible for achieving staffing objectives.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; and meeting with managers to discuss needs. Leads the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities and benefits; making presentations; and maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters; and using newsgroups and job sites. Networks through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules and escorting applicant to interviews.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; and emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Manages intern program by conducting orientations; scheduling rotations and assignments; monitoring intern job contributions; coaching interns; and advising managers on training and coaching.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Conducts regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Builds networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Aids public relations in establishing a recognizable "employer of choice" reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Administrative duties and record keeping.
- Maintains all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Responsible for processing resumes to database. Responsible for initial tracking for the HR recruiting metrics.
- Administers applicable pre-hire assessments.
- Performs reference, credit and background checks for potential employees.
- Assists in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritizes workflow.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and directs and supports on site and external customers with HR processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and meets deadlines.
- Must be willing to flex into any job-related task as directed by the Human Resources Director.
- Must be able to work as part of a team by serving as a backup and assisting in other positions.
- Completes required training in support of duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Completes other duties as assigned including those required to fulfill activities in support of public health emergency operations.
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Two to four years of recruiting experience required in a professional environment.
- Experience in recruiting for clinical and nursing positions is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the functions of a working Human Resources department.
- Conducting training.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, with a working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Internet skills required.
- Ability to independently compose clear, concise correspondence.
- Knowledge of proper English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Skills in concentrating and paying attention to detail, alphabetizing, spelling and writing legibly.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions and work effectively with others.
- Ability to solve practical problems, interpret instructions and perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, multi-tasking and satisfaction-oriented skills are highly essential.
- Skills in planning and organization of multiple duties and projects.
- PHR, Professional in Human Resources desirable, not required.
Please apply online.
Contact Name: Scott Buffington
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
View Job Details
About the Company:
The Auto Club was founded for the purpose of lobbying for driver and passenger rights, fair laws and safer vehicles - all to better promote the love of the open road and the adventure of driving. Since then, AAA has grown to over 50 million members strong, while providing valuable membership services such as roadside assistance. Additionally, AAA has broadened its horizons to include all types of travel-related services, insurance, financial products and member discounts. Our multiple business lines give us a foundation as a financially strong and stable organization that can endure rapidly changing trends, an important factor to consider for career growth in a challenging economy.
Today's AAA is a national federation comprised of more than 50 individual clubs throughout the United States and Canada. We're united by a common mission and common values of excellent member service. Whether you're traveling around the world or to the corner grocery store, planning a honeymoon or weekend road trip, learning to drive or in need of a battery boost, the best way to begin your journey is with AAA.
We are currently seeking a career-minded individual for our Human Resources Coordinator opportunity at our Tulsa Headquarters location.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for performing a broad range of human resources activities, including providing information to managers and employees on policy, compliance, benefits, training, communication and other human resources issues; serves as a backup for Payroll.
- Provides general information to employees and managers on a variety of policy, compliance and other human resource issues. Coordinates and assists with human resources projects and assignments as necessary. Serves as a liaison between the Human Resources department and internal departments / divisions and outside organizations.
- Responsible for the club's job posting process including on-line, internal and newspaper advertising. Manages online applicant tracking system, and internal posting files. Conducts interviews for internal job applicants. Maintains the Careers section of the AAA Oklahoma/South Dakota website. Coordinates all pre-employment screenings and completes all new hire paperwork and reporting. Administers the employee self-service, HR, and Benefits functions of the Human Resources system.
- Reviews, processes and maintains various employment, enrollment, pay changes and other confidential forms and records. Maintains active, terminated and benefit files for employees. Issues keys for all AAA locations and security/alarm codes for Headquarters location. Compiles and prepares monthly benefits journal entries for submission to the Accounting department.
- Administers employee leaves including FMLA, Workers' Compensation and personal.
- Works in conjunction with and serves as a backup to the Payroll Administrator.
- Working knowledge of AAA membership benefits and membership system; familiarity with products and resources of other AAA departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to be resourceful, work independently and with confidence.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and switch focus quickly.
- Excellent research and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with business line managers and be a valued, collaborative team member.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to gain information from individuals/customers by asking appropriate questions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work well with others.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Working knowledge of benefits administration.
- Working knowledge of payroll practices and administration.
- Proficient knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook).
- Ability to navigate the Internet using browsers such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as a scanner, fax machine, printer, LCD projector, shredder, and multi-line telephone system.
Valid Oklahoma driver's license is required.
Two years Human Resources experience required. This level of knowledge is normally acquired through completion of an associate's degree and 2 to 3 years related experience/training, or equivalent combination of work experience/education.
- Successful completion of Background investigation.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- 401k plan including employer match
- Paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Business Casual Work Environment
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Classic AAA Membership
- Employee Discounts
Everything you need to succeed is waiting for you at AAA Oklahoma. We offer the resources, reputation and growth opportunities you need to realize your fullest potential.
If you have the background we seek and are looking for a dynamic position, please log on to AAA Careers at www.aaa.com and apply on-line today!
AAA Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer