Company: Occidental Petroleum Corporation
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
As an integral member of our centralized Employee Service Center, Benefits Administrator will provide health and welfare, retirement and savings, and HR support by responding to requests and resolving issues via phone and email to employees and former employees located domestically and abroad, payroll, and other HR functional areas. The Benefits Administrator provides support to approximately 13,000 covered participants via a fast paced HR Service Center. This position interacts with all levels of employees on a variety of other benefits and Human Resources related questions. The Benefits Administrator plays a key role as the first point of contact for an employee (or former) or manager calling the Employee Service Center.
Back to Job Listings
- Provides resolution to all inquiries received in various ways including telephone/email/mail and fax.
- Research and direct callers to appropriate department for questions covered in the scope of the Service Center service delivery model and attempt to direct the caller to the correct department if callers question is not covered by scope of service.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work assignments to meet time requirements and facilitate workflow.
- Provide and document all interactions utilizing designated case and document-management tools.
- Provide complete and accurate responses and redirect inquiries or transactions as necessary to support all business units.
Benefits Health and Welfare
- Conduct benefit research using on-line information and reference tools, summary plan documents (SPDs), status change matrix, plan administration manuals and historical company documents.
- Has knowledge of benefit administration/process and is able to answer all inquiries that would be found in the SPD.
- Utilizes a knowledge base of information to provide accurate up-to-date information to the requestor.
- Manages issues related to health and welfare as they arise and communicates with the health and welfare department for more complex inquires.
- Tracks all inquiries received and escalate to appropriate subject matter expert if unable to resolve at this step.
- Provide skillful and patient support doing annual open enrollment to electing employees.
Benefits Death Claim Processing
- Process death benefits for retiree life insurance.
- Search for beneficiaries under retiree life plans if participants are reported as deceased in death sweeps. Use methods like searching all company sponsored plans, google searches, calling and emailing any contact information on file, use all search methods to find next of kin.
- Determine continuing coverage for dependents under retiree medical plans and defined benefit pension plans and assign cases to other departments as appropriate, if covered.
Benefits COBRA Continuation and Retiree Medical Eligibility Communication
- Create separation packages for employees including COBRA continuation, if applicable, in a timely manner in order to keep the company compliant with the Department of Labor as well as to provide separating employees with time to make an informed decision on COBRA continuation election and Retiree Medical election.
- Create COBRA continuation notifications for all dependents losing coverage for all COBRA-required events.
- Answer COBRA related inquires and work with vendor provided portal to resolve issues.
Benefits New Hire Communications
- Create new hire communication packets to provide new hires with a written summary of benefits provided by the company as well as to introduce them to the OxyLink Employee Service Center.
Retirement and Savings Including Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plans
- Direct callers to record keeper for plan related information balances, available funds and transactional requests to Oxys Retirement Service Center at our record keeper.
- Troubleshoot system issues that prevent access to employee self-service applications. Liaison with security team to provide access to the employee portal.
- Reviews and interprets employee data to resolve issues. Must have ability to handle confidential information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Accurately capture, track, and follow up on initiated cases related to all forms of contacts (phone, email, fax, etc.) and adhere to established Service Level Standards (e.g., protocols, metrics).
- Perform intake, sorting, tracking, and distribution for documents that arrive at the Service Center for processing (e.g., mail, fax) and other duties as assigned.
- Provide Verification of Employment clarifications and more in-depth VOEs if determined to be necessary to assist employee.
About the Company:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
- A minimum of three years of related human resources or benefits administration experience.
- A High School Diploma.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a small team supporting the information sharing environment.
- Proven success dealing with requestors in a professional manner.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to document and resolve incoming calls in a concise manner.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is a plus.
To apply, go to https://oxy.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Select advanced search and enter job number 00017927
Apply online at https://oxy.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en