Company: Matrix Service Company
Location: Tulsa, OK
The Human Resources Advisor is responsible for performing a broad range of human resources activities to attract, retain, engage and motivate employees, including recruitment and staffing, inclusion and diversity, employee relations, HR training, and Affirmative Action compliance. Reports to the Corporate Director of HR.
Back to Job Listings
- Actively supports the Companys commitment to safety and its Core Values.
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Companys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Define, recommend and implement recruitment strategies throughout the organization, to include managing internal/external job postings, applicant tracking, social media and job advertisements, selective participation in college recruiting and career fairs, contact with community agencies and staffing firms, development of recruiting materials, etc.
- In coordination with the Training and Development Department, oversee selection process for the Emerging Leaders Program, including college recruitment and selection committee.
- Assist Managers with resume review, candidate interview and selection, salary recommendations in line with the Companys salary administration guidelines, and drafting and communicating employment offers.
- Manage inclusion and diversity programs including leadership buy-in and support, education and training, and sharing best practices.
- Define, recommend and implement retention strategies throughout the organization, to include robust onboarding process, creating individual development plans for career progression, administering employee engagement survey and focus groups, etc.
- Manage employee relations issues e.g., coaching and counseling managers and employees, writing performance improvement plans, handling sensitive employee issues, layoffs or terminations, etc.
- Ensure compliance with labor and employment law, including conducting internal investigations, responding to EEOC/DOL claims, government audits, etc.
- Coach and counsel managers and employees on the employee handbook and other human resources policies, to help ensure consistent adherence to policies and programs and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Provide HR training for managers and employees, to include delivering as well as facilitating training sessions, developing training materials, and working with the Training and Development Department to research training options, develop computer-based training, etc., as needed.
- Manage the Companys Affirmative Action program, to include working to ensure compliance with Affirmative Action requirements.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
About the Company:
Matrix Service Company (Nasdaq: MTRX) is a top-tier engineering, construction and maintenance company that, through our subsidiaries - Matrix Service, Matrix NAC, Matrix PDM Engineering and Matrix Applied Technologies - designs, builds and maintains infrastructure critical to North America's energy, power and industrial markets.
Matrix provides engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction solutions to complex infrastructure projects as well as industrial cleaning, pre-commissioning, refinery and chemical plant maintenance, capital projects, turnarounds and a full range of services in oil pumping, gas processing, compression stations and other critical energy projects across the value chain. Headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Matrix provides coast-to-coast solutions to our customers, operating from offices throughout the US and Canada, as well as in Seoul, South Korea and Sydney, Australia.
- 4+ years generalist experience in human resources, including experience in recruitment and staffing, employee relations, and/or training and development.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Human Resources or a related discipline, or equivalent level experience.
- Solid knowledge and practical application of federal and state employment laws.
- Demonstrated skill in the successful development and implementation of creative recruiting strategies.
- Understanding of inclusion and diversity best practices and programs.
- Strong PC skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and database applications.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with personnel at all organization levels.
- Excellent service orientation.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- PHR certification strongly preferred.
Competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k)/Roth with Company match, Company provided STD/LTD, life insurance and AD&D for you and your family. PTO package accruing monthly. Flexible work environment including flex schedule option and casual dress policy.
EEO/M/F/Disability/Vets/Affirmative Action Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.