Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
This individual contributor position is accountable for Human Resources support of assigned individuals within the Operations Teams at the Tulsa Operations location. This position will coordinate and provide comprehensive Human Resources support for assigned clients and must build and develop effective relationships with the leaders, managers and employees to influence and execute HR processes and initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, including, but not limited to: employee relations, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, new hire onboarding, off-boarding, policy implementation, organizational change and employment law compliance. As a member of the HR Team, this role serves on the HR front lines in support of the business. This position is actively involved with assisting and supporting the management team to build organizational bench strength and demonstrate best practices in Human Resources.
Back to Job Listings
- This position reports into the site Sr. HR Generalist and has no direct or indirect reports.
- Provide full range of Human Resources advice, support, consultation and guidance, including application of HR policies and processes, to assigned departments and employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests from employees.
- Maintain ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Navigate and assist in the resolution of employee issues; leading employee relations initiatives and investigations to ensure a positive and fair work environment.
- Support change management related to the implementation of organizational solutions.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business through exposure to departmental activities.
- Collaborate with department leaders to execute HR processes and associated activities.
- Implement and manage various HR and campus-wide initiatives, including, but not limited to safety events, annual performance review process, benefits open enrollment, new programs/policies, and training initiatives.
- Provide information and tools to support effective delivery of HR services and processes, including HR related systems.
- Builds credibility within assigned departments by demonstrating an understanding of the business strategy and challenges, aligning the departments' short-term and long-term people goals with the business strategy, and facilitating and implementing initiatives to assist the business in achieving success.
- Champion change and effectively guide management and associates through organizational change.
- Accurate data entry into HRIS system and related HR technologies.
- Seeks learning and development opportunities to improve professional competencies and stays current on HR practices through benchmarking, networking, and exposure to business related research/publications.
- Organize and lead New Employee Onboarding.
- Attend and support company events such as retirement parties.
- Create and maintain job descriptions.
About the Company:
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years human resources experience in a generalist capacity; or Associates degree and 5 years relevant experience; or 7 years relevant experience.
- PHR certification, or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to act on Compliance and Regulatory issues.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with a major, non-proprietary HRIS system.
- The ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time.
- The ability to travel between the Tulsa and Claremore facility as needed.
- The ability to work in a production/manufacturing environment.
- The ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours to support operational needs.
- Self-starter and able to work professionally and independently.
- Strong customer service orientation, communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, initiative and maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with employee relations dispute resolution, and litigation avoidance.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Company paid Life
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Personal Hours
Refer to valmont.com/careers for full job posting.