Company: I.C. Bus of Oklahoma (Navistar)
Location: 2322 North Mingo Road
We are currently in search of a self-motivated and experienced HR Generalist who will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. He or she will assist in providing a wide range of advice to support our busy HR department. The successful candidate will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on, terminations, performance management, employee relations and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and senior management.
Back to Job Listings
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Administration and tracking of FMLA.
- Attendance policies, record retention activities, etc.
- Functions as an HR generalist to work with the union and supervisors in the investigation and resolution of union grievances, discipline, NLRB complaints, EEOC charges, and arbitration cases.
Position Purpose and Requirements:
- Functions as a generalist providing daily support in one or more functional areas of human resources to the Plant HR Manager.
- Responsibilities may include a multitude of activities.
- May write job descriptions, screen resumes and applications and may interview applicants.
- May counsel employees concerning work-related problems and conduct termination interviews, providing feedback to management when necessary.
- Maintains records for EEO and affirmative action reporting requirements.
- Prepares reports in compliance with legislative requirements, collective bargaining agreements or organization needs.
- Conducts research and analyzes data on assigned projects.
- May assist in salary planning and establishing and implementing manpower goals, personnel policies and procedures.
About the Company:
Why IC Bus
As an industry leader, we’re committed to making superior products, providing our customers with a wider range of choice, keeping drivers comfortable behind the wheel, and delivering our most precious cargo - Our Kids! I.C. Bus ensures the highest-quality standards, the highest-quality materials, and an unmatched level of service and support.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of human resources or labor relations experience OR
- At least 4 years of human resources or labor experience.
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status).
- At least 1-2 years union labor experience preferred.
- Familiar working with and under a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Familiarity with managing labor grievances as needed by investigating circumstances of incident, validity of claims, adherence to collective bargaining agreement contract policies and completion of resolution procedures.
- At least 2-5 years HR Generalist experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HR and Kronos time and attendance systems is preferred.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing plant is a plus.
- Experience in organizational development and training desired.
- Experience (prefer 1-2 years) with conducting employee relations investigations.
- Ensuring effective on-boarding and skill development of new-hires and administers employee handbook policies and procedures.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects both through own initiative and on request to ensure a continually developing and up to date HR function, making a strong contribution to improvements in effectiveness of the organization.
- Strong decision-making skills with ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications abilities with conflict resolution experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Learning on the Fly
- Time Management
- Timely Decision Making
Competitive wage, 401K and company match, Health, Dental and life insurance. Education assistance and family college scholarships available.
Zomi Language would be ideal but not required.
Follow the link to apply.
918 833 6125