Company: TTCU Federal Credit Union
Location: Tulsa (81st & Mingo)
HR Generalist - Payroll & Benefits serves as an administrator of the credit union’s time and attendance and payroll system. Paycom (HRIS) experience highly preferred. Performs all activities necessary to prepare and process payroll timely and accurately, including maintaining related records, payroll reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing mandated reports, documenting and updating procedures, preparing accounting reports, and preparing special reports for management. Generalist will work closely with human resources partners on variety of related functional areas. Performs duties in compliance with regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act.
Back to Job Listings
Essential Job Functions Responsibilities:
- Process bi-weekly payroll and timekeeping for over 350 employees, as well as, prepare corresponding internal and external reports.
- Ensure payroll calculations and records are accurate, compliant with applicable statutes and prepared in a timely manner.
- Enter employee information (new hires, changes, terminations) into the HRIS, timekeeping, and payroll systems, as well as perform employment eligibility verifications through E-Verify.
- Balance and reconcile every payroll and maintain a strong internal controls environment to ensure data integrity.
- Work closely with internal Human Resource team members, employees, and management from all levels of the credit union on variety of functional areas.
- Serve as a point of contact for questions related to time attendance systems, and partner with Human Resources Coordinator and other team members to maintain employee files and perform periodic audits to ensure employee records are accurate.
- Assist in answering inbound calls to Human Resources, as well as respond to requests for employment verification for both current and former TTCU employees.
- Provide time and attendance training to new managers or approvers, including processing and documentation requirements.
- Collaborate with Human Resources team members to support and achieve organizational goals.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, attending and actively participating in meetings and proactively seeking ways of effectively streamlining and automating the processing of payroll.
- This position also provides accounting and project management support to the department.
- Serve as Administrator for portal maintenance functions and as the primary point of contact for questions related to time attendance system and Human Resource portal access/navigation including password changes, as well as, contribute to the development and delivery of end user training.
- Perform a range of scheduled and ad hoc reporting functions.
- Lead in the review, testing and implementation of time attendance/Human Resource system upgrades.
- Maintain data integrity standards and perform periodic audits to ensure employee records are accurate.
- Remain current on payroll and HRIS best practices/trends and recommend process/service enhancements to optimize efficiency.
- Perform system maintenance functions, including, but not limited to, new hire set up, tax form processing, timekeeping input, direct deposit set-up, terminations, and garnishment processing.
- Maintain knowledge of taxation requirements; process components of Quarterly and Year-End processing; reconcile benefit reports for accounting; maintain organizational charts and regularly update information as staffing, reporting and structural changes occur.
- Maintain all benefit plans including life, short term disability (STD), long term disability (LTD), health, dental, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) program, employee assistance and tuition reimbursement.
- Administer and track all leave of absence programs and communicates appropriately with employees and/or managers.
- Reconciles vendor accounts, payments and data uploads; while interfacing with Accounting and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
About the Company:
Established in 1934 as Tulsa Teachers Credit Union, TTCU The Credit Union is the largest state-chartered credit union in Oklahoma. We're a $1.6 billion financial institution with a full complement of depository, lending and financial advisory services. As a not-for-profit organization, our financial success is returned to our membership in the form of low-rate loans and high-rate savings accounts. The membership of TTCU is over 120,000 strong and is made up of teachers, school faculty, administrators, staff, students and more than 600 affiliated groups. TTCU is a proud member of the Credit Union National Association and the Cornerstone Credit Union League.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics or other related discipline preferred.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred.
- General Accounting knowledge a plus Experience.
- Payroll processing experience and working with a web-based or electronic time records system required (Paycom experience preferred) - 3-5 years
Full Medical/Dental/Vision, 10% 401k, Generous PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, On-site Gym