Location: Tulsa, OK
The HR Generalist will focus will on developing and supporting positive employee relations and acting as coach and counselor for management and staff. This is a true generalist function, involving in all aspects of HR including recruitment, policy deployment, compliance with all pertinent laws, workforce planning, AAP/EEO/OFCCP, metrics tracking/reporting, change management, benefits administration, and special projects.
Back to Job Listings
- Assists with strategies for recruiting, staffing and training programs to meet headcount models and goals. Coordinates with leadership to determine staffing needs, define position descriptions and identify and implement recruitment plans. Initiates recruitment advertising and assures properly qualified employees are hired into appropriate positions through interviews, reference and background checking.
- Delivers new hire orientation, benefits enrollment and Emerson Ethics training. Completes exit interviews for all exiting employees and reports trends to management.
- Processes payroll for hourly and salaried employees ensuring compliance with payroll rules and regulations.
- Provided HR policy and procedure guidance and interpenetration, including employee benefits, leave management, exit interviews and recognition programs.
- Acts as first line liaison with production employees to facilitate resolution of employee concerns. Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (including but not limited to coaching, career development and disciplinary actions).
- Maintains personnel files in accordance with Emerson policy and applicable local, state and federal law.
- Works closely with leadership to build positive employee relations, increase employee engagement, productivity and retention.
About the Company:
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide, including Tulsa, OK. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in related required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Human Resources related field.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws with strengths in employee relations and EEO/Affirmative Action.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, including ability to effectively communicate with senior leadership.
- Must have ability to make independent decisions and recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by exercising sound judgment that is consistent with regulation and government law as well as Company standards, practices, policies and procedures.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and HRIS Systems required.
- Prefer prior experience with applicant tracking systems and sourcing candidates through social media.
- Demonstrated skills in handling issues involving high levels of sensitivity, confidentiality and/or legal exposure.