Company: Tulsa World - BH Media
Location: Tulsa, OK
Tulsa World / BH Media is currently in search of a full-time Human Resources Assistant to join our team. This position provides administrative support to the human resources department and human resources staff in all areas of HR including the areas of recruiting, onboarding, tracking, recordkeeping, filing, preparing documents and files, scheduling and coordinating, and communicating in written and verbal form to individuals inside and outside of the organization.
Back to Job Listings
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supports and assists with recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel. Ensures the employment process and onboarding documentation is accurately completed and submitted to corporate office.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, recordkeeping and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Develops and places all job advertisements, coordinating all job postings on Web site and other applicable sites, schedules interview and provides communication with candidates and new hires.
- Provide tracking of employee training completion and new hire onboarding activities.
- Schedule, coordinate and attend job fairs and other HR outreach events and activities.
- Coordinate and schedule HR events and initiatives.
- Communicates HR related information to employees and candidates.
- Works as part of the HR team to ensure all positions are maintained and covered in the event of absences or open positions.
- Present a professional and helpful behavior and attitude to customers, peers, and staff.
- Assist with other operational business duties as requested by Director of HR and/or Publisher.
- Ability to react to change effectively and productively and handle the essential duties as requested.
- On-site, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Safely drive to and from various locations.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in special projects as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Handle all assignments and business relationships (internal external) with professionalism.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong proficiency with computer, computer programs and other software. Proficient in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Office, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills through interaction with all areas of the company.
- Must be able to function independently and effectively as well as with a team.
- Ability to work in an environment where priorities change and job demands flexibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Skilled in organizing information, materials, and time.
- Ability to use good situational judgment and business etiquette when dealing with employees or other business contacts.
- Stress tolerance.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to follow all Company policies and procedures including but not limited to attendance standards.
- Must have a valid drivers license and vehicle insurance coverage.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree. Business and/or HR concentration preferred.
- Minimum of two years of administrative experience. HR emphasis preferred.
- Proficient with computers and computer software and possess a strong command of Microsoft products specifically Word and Excel.
We offer a great benefit package including health, dental, vision, life, matching 401k and much more.
Apply online at https://usr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/bhmedia/Posting/View/6581