Company: HUB International
Location: Tulsa, OK
The Human Resources Generalist will coordinate human resources activities and compliance for our Mid-America region. The ideal candidate will have a solid recruiting background, with the energy and passion to provide outstanding positive team leadership and build solid working relationships across several locations. The Human Resources Generalist will provide day-to-day tactical and strategic guidance on HR initiatives, practices, and policies & procedures.
Back to Job Listings
- Recruit, recruit, recruit. Responsible for all talent acquisition activities for the 300-person Mid-America region.
- Partner with the regional sales and operations leadership to provide HR direction and implementation of Regional and Corporate HR programs and services.
- Develop and maintain an effective level of understanding of the Company and its human resources needs.
- Maintain and increase pipeline of candidates by sources, to include job postings, recruiting databases, internet research, and specialized sourcing methods.
- Maintain concise, organized employee files and documentation.
- Collaborate on and drive employee initiatives in engagement, recruiting, and employee relations.
- Problem solve using logic, reasoning, collaboration and solid HR skills to resolve difficult employee situations.
- Make administrative and procedural decisions and demonstrate judgment on sensitive, confidential matters.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and respect through effective coaching and implementation of Company standards and guidelines.
- Work with managers and employees to address and resolve human resources matters through day to day guidance on performance management (coaching, counseling, development and disciplinary actions).
- Ensure that all human resources practices are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, company standards and values.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources functions (e.g. OSHA, EEO, ERIS, FLSA, etc.) and maintaining compliance with all state, federal and labor laws.
- Coordinate and deliver management training in interviewing, hiring and selection, positive team member relations, handling terminations and harassment issues.
- Assist with the development of policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse work force for the organization.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with regional operations to develop solutions, programs and policies to meet and improve business outcomes.
About the Company:
HUB International was born in 1998 with the merger of 11 privately held insurance brokerages. That number has grown to a network of more than 400 integrated brokerages across North America - all carrying the HUB banner.
Today, HUB is one of the largest insurance brokers in the world, and represents a broad, deep, one-of-a-kind aggregation of insurance entrepreneurs. We offer a full array of insurance products, including Property & Casualty, Employee Benefits, and Personal Lines coverage. We also provide risk management and advisory services.
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a Human Resources role
- Extensive recruiting experience
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- SHRM designation preferred (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP) or HRCI (PHR, SPHR, or GPHR)
- In-depth knowledge of Oklahoma & Kansas state and federal employment law
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize
- Significant experience in supporting multiple locations with effective skills in recruiting, employee relations, organization development, performance management, talent assessment, workforce planning, leadership development and communications
- Demonstrated project management skills and capable of developing effective employee relations
- Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with HRIS & Talent Management systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Please apply online at https://hubinternational.jobs/careers/JobDetail/Tulsa-Oklahoma-United-States-Human-Resources-Generalist/4979