Company: Oral Roberts University
Location: Tulsa, OK
Under general direction oversees a variety of professional Human Resources assignments to include workforce planning, recruitment, selection, compensation, employee relations, and employment law compliance for Oral Roberts University and University Broadcasting, Inc.
Back to Job Listings
- Responsible for the selection process for all staff positions to include creating job description and postings, reviewing ORU interviewing guidelines with hiring managers; evaluating applications; interviewing candidates; contacting references; and all other steps in the hiring processes.
- Schedules and administers New Hire Onboarding sessions.
- Updates HR intranet pages and handles social media on behalf of HR Department.
- Implements new approaches and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Counsel employees regarding job opportunities, University policies and/or procedures, benefits, applications, and employment laws.
- Responsible for job classification process.
- Coordinates preparation of position descriptions and oversees job evaluations and audits.
- Review essential functions of job descriptions and ensures compliance with ADA and EEO requirements.
- Evaluate and decide on the most appropriate place to post job openings in addition to ORU's web page, such as, external websites, newspapers, and/or churches to attract qualified candidates.
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviews.
- Ensures compliance with all employment and other state and federal laws in areas to include but not limited to I-9's, flow sheets, job postings, job advertisements, and EEO guidelines related to hiring process.
About the Company:
Oral Roberts University (ORU) is a charismatic, inter-denominational Christian University employing a diverse 700+ population in a wide variety of positions. Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or other related field, or a minimum of four years equivalent Human Resources experience.
- PHR/SPHR certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws, interviewing techniques is essential, and the ability to interpret and apply laws, rules, and regulations is required.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Word, Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro, and Excel, and able to learn and efficiently use the Banner system and other required computer systems.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, planning, organizing, and listening, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Requires an ability to be flexible and handle a wide variety of problem situations comfortably.
- The ability to handle multi-tasks and meet deadlines is a must.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information, an d compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Great Company Culture - Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Please submit an ORU application at http://www.oru.edu/employment/. A resumes and cover letter can be submitted with the application.