Company: Tulsa Tech
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Provide Human Resources expertise for the District through counsel and support to front line clients in the areas of employee recruiting, staffing and employee relations to assure employee capability is aligned with meeting the organization’s vision and mission.
Back to Job Listings
- Manage the part-time hiring process to include receipt of Position and Staffing Request, creation of job posting, advertisement, application receipt, screening, interview coordination, selection, qualification checking, and on-boarding to include timely and appropriate level(s) of orientation for all new employees.
- Monitor, review and communicate educational requirements for part-time certified staff, maintain and monitor records of certified staff licensure and certification.
- Manage all aspects of the fingerprinting process for all prospective Tulsa Tech employees. Maintain and track results ensuring required guidelines are met. Serve as district administrator of the Districts substitute management system (AESOP) by maintaining data and resolving technical issues as needed.
- Provide advice and counsel to employees and managers on employee relations issues as well as general Human Resources topics of concern; route employee issues to appropriate HR personnel.
- Assist with the execution of Human Resources initiatives, and make recommendations for system and process improvements.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with peers in Payroll, Benefits and other district departments for the benefit of internal and external customers.
- Provide timely, accurate, and customer-friendly response to employment verification and reference requests.
- Provide back up support to various functions within the Human Resources Department when requested and fill-in support as required in the absence of other support staff or in an overload situation.
- Greet walk-ins to department when necessary. Answer department phones and/or department emails when necessary. Visit campuses to meet with employees and management when necessary. In all cases act as representative of the department and attempt resolution, regardless of the issue or request.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making decisions regarding the provision of services to internal and external customers and in day-to-day operations of the department. Interpret and implement policies in a manner consistent with the interests of the District. Provide advice and consultation to executive management as requested. Investigate and resolve issues as needed, represent the department and District in a professional manner to all.
About the Company:
Tulsa Tech is the state’s oldest and largest career & technology education institution in Oklahoma’s highly-acclaimed Career Tech system. Tulsa Tech provides quality technical training to thousands of high school and adult students and business and industry clients annually at multiple campus and several satellite-training locations in the Tulsa area.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years experience working as a Human Resources Assistant, Specialist, Representative or similar roles.
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
Employee Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Sick Leave, Vacation, Personal Leave, Pension Plan, 457 Savings Plan, and 22 paid holidays.
Applicants may apply on the Tulsa Tech Career Page at: www.tulsatech.edu/careers
From the home page click About > Employment Opportunities.