Company: Tulsa Federal Credit Union
Location: Tulsa, OK
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist is a crucial member of the HR team ensuring the accurate and timely processing of payroll and the coordination of benefits.
Back to Job Listings
- Embodies the Credit Unions core values of Trust, Integrity, Teamwork and Making a Difference.
- Reviews and processes accurate payroll data, makes adjustments / corrections as needed.
- Compiles payroll data and statistics to maintain accurate employee records.
- Responsible for the maintenance and integrity of employee data to include, but not limited to, review of new hires, pay rates and changes affecting compensation.
- Runs payroll and corresponding reports in a timely manner.
- Responds and answer questions and resolve issues meeting the needs of our internal customers in a timely manner.
- Prepares and creates standard and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Reviews quarterly payroll reporting for accuracy.
- Assists with external and internal audits.
- Coordinates with 3rd party payroll vendor (Ultimate Software) on year-end payroll processing including the preparation and distribution of W-2 forms.
- Maintains I-9 documentation.
- Respond to employment verifications.
- Reconciles various benefit invoices.
- Coordinates with employees on insurance and other benefit eligibility.
- Assists with benefits open enrollment.
- Provides creative input in the areas of company events and orientation and assists with coordinating these events.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
About the Company:
The legacy of Tulsa Federal Credit Union derives from the philosophy of “People Helping People.” This philosophy has fueled credit unions since inception and continues to be the backbone of the industry’s social purpose.
Tulsa FCU is a not-for-profit organization owned by our members, not shareholders. Profits are passed on to members in the form of lower rates, higher dividends and investing in our community.
The heart of what we do is centered around our core values of trust, integrity, teamwork and making a difference.
While Tulsa FCU offers many of the same products and services as other financial institutions, what sets us apart is our unique products, commitment to our employee’s development, dedication to offering members personalized financial solutions, and positive impact to the community.
When a member joins our Credit Union, they’re not just an account holder; they become part of our legacy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum of two - three years’ experience in an HR/Payroll/Benefits corporate setting.
- Ultimate Software experience preferred.
- Two to three years of experience using Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong attention to detail
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Able to demonstrate good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and exercise good judgment, initiative, tact and professionalism.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Able to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions in practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.