Company: McKee Foods Corporation
Location: Gentry, AR
Back to Job Listings
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition Team. This position will primarily support high-volume recruiting for entry-level manufacturing jobs in Gentry, Arkansas, but will assist with other jobs as needed.
The Recruiter will be a part of the Corporate Talent Acquisition team in Collegedale, TN but will work in Gentry, AR. The Recruiter will partner with other recruiters, HR Business Partners, and hiring managers to find, hire, and onboard great talent.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with an 85 year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (flexible hours required to meet business needs)
- Collaborate and consult with hiring management and recruiting team on strategic and tactical recruitment plans.
- Supervise a Recruiting Assistant and manage the overall coordination of their tasks and assignments.
- Source key talent through passive and active sources including targeted postings, social networking, internet research, cold calling, etc.
- Foster and cultivate positive relationships with candidates for immediate needs and strategic long-term needs.
- Find additional networking opportunities to attract top talent, including diversity, veteran, and disability candidate outreach and alternative job boards or community-based organizations.
- Work closely with business partners to understand overall needs and requirements (job postings, pay rates, timing, expectations, etc.).
- Create and manage external job postings.
- Assist with the creation of recruitment marketing content for our career site, email campaigns, career Facebook site, etc.
- Maintain timely communication with candidates, recruiting team and business partners.
- Manage movement of candidates through the full talent acquisition process including sourcing, recruiting, and hiring.
- Screen and evaluate candidates at each stage in the candidate pipeline.
- Coordinate and participate in career fairs and other recruiting events throughout the year.
- Assist with onboarding new hires (hiring paperwork, completing I9s, scheduling orientation, etc.).
- Input, update and maintain recruitment records to ensure timely reporting on key metrics and compliance with all legal regulations.
- Work with others in the HR and management teams to continuously improve the ability to recruit and retain the best fit employees.
- Identify and research new innovative and creative recruiting methods.
About the Company:
Founded in 1934 by O.D. and Ruth McKee, McKee Foods Corporation has grown to become America’s leading family-owned snack cake bakery. McKee Foods offers Little Debbie® snacks and Sunbelt® Bakery products that are sold in all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico. McKee Foods also owns Drake's® cakes — a brand regional to the Northeast U.S. The company is headquartered in Collegedale, Tenn., and has production facilities in Gentry, Ark., and Stuarts Draft, Va., as well as a distribution center in Kingman, Ariz. McKee Foods also owns the Collegedale-based subsidiary Blue Planet Foods, manufacturer of high-quality granola products including Heartland®
- Associate’s Degree or 60 college credit hours.
- One year of recruiting experience.
- Excellent interviewing and assessment skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and develop people.
- Ability to meet or exceed goals with a strong sense of urgency.
- Anticipate, identify and proactively communicate recruiting related gaps and needs as it relates to the business.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple priorities and provide strong consultative skills throughout the recruiting process.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to communicate and connect to a broad range of people.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, internet, HRIS and social media).
- Knowledgeable of applicable employment laws.
- Analytical skills, including ability to understand a problem and propose innovative solutions – taking into consideration departmental and corporate impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in talent sourcing using resources like LinkedIn, Indeed, user groups, social media, cold calling, and other recruiting tools and databases.
- Prior experience with Workday or other enterprise applicant tracking systems.
- Experience sourcing and recruiting for high-volume production jobs.
- One or more Professional Certifications (i.e. Recruiter Academy Certified Recruiter, Certified People Sourcer, The Sourcing Institute Certifications, Social Talent Certifications, AIRS? Certifications, Recruitment Marketing Certification, LinkedIn Recruiter, SHRM-CP, PHR or aPHR)
- Competitive pay scale
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Health insurance, including prescription drug plan
- Dental insurance
- Vision care plan
- Life insurance
- Paid time off (for vacation, holidays, sick time, personal time, etc.)
- Direct deposit payroll Credit Union
- Shift differential pay
- Exercise and recreation facility
- Profit-sharing program
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance (Premiums Paid by the Company)
**Equal Opportunity Employer**
Please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.com under the careers link to apply.