Company: McKee Foods Corporation
Location: Gentry, AR
Best known for Little Debbie® snack cakes, America’s leading snack cake brand, Sunbelt Bakery® granola products, and Drake’s Cakes®, McKee Foods Corporation is seeking a Recruiting Assistant to work at the manufacturing facility in Gentry, Arkansas.
Back to Job Listings
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is committed to providing consumers with quality products at an excellent value. McKee Foods is a privately held, family owned company with an 85 year history of innovation and treating employees with respect, and a deeply held belief in the importance of doing business with integrity.
Hourly Office Support - 6B
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (flexible hours required to meet business needs)
The Recruiting Assistant will report to and assist the Recruiter in Gentry, along with the entire corporate Talent Acquisition team with a variety of recruiting and administrative support responsibilities.
- Internal and external correspondence (email and phone).
- Assist with scheduling new hires for orientation Assist with new hire paperwork (I9s, drug tests, background checks etc.).
- Edit assist with preparation of presentations.
- Correspond with candidates and schedule interviews and assessments.
- Organize meetings (vendor meetings, recruiting, demos, etc) and prepare agendas, take notes and communicate decisions if necessary.
- Pre-screening resumes/applications (i.e. reviewing resumes, preliminary interviews, assessments).
- Create, print and copy various recruiting and HR materials.
- Research former applicants and employees.
- Prepare Pre-Adverse and Adverse Letters for candidates.
- Prepare interview packet information for interviewers.
- Assist with job posting management in Workday and/or assist with creating questionnaires.
- Assist with the assignment of temporary workers.
- Help to manage the mailbox.
- Assist with standardizing recruiting/HR procedures and processes.
- Compile and scan interview documents.
- Prepare monthly reports for recruiting needs.
- Utilize various recruiting/HR tools as necessary (i.e. Workday, Indeed, LinkedIn etc.).
- Make meeting/event arrangements to include selecting venue, arranging refreshments, room set up clean up, and inviting business partners.
- Assist with planning career fairs and coordinate with hiring managers, recruiters and colleges.
- Track all supplies and inventory for career fairs (place orders as necessary).
- Assist with other projects and tasks as needed.
About the Company:
Founded in 1934 by O.D. and Ruth McKee, McKee Foods Corporation has grown to become America’s leading family-owned snack cake bakery. McKee Foods offers Little Debbie® snacks and Sunbelt® Bakery products that are sold in all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico. McKee Foods also owns Drake's® cakes — a brand regional to the Northeast U.S. The company is headquartered in Collegedale, Tenn., and has production facilities in Gentry, Ark., and Stuarts Draft, Va., as well as a distribution center in Kingman, Ariz. McKee Foods also owns the Collegedale-based subsidiary Blue Planet Foods, manufacturer of high-quality granola products including Heartland®
- High School Diploma or GED and less than one year of experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and proactively communicate recruiting related gaps and needs as it relates to the business.
- Excellent attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to type 30 words per minute.
- Excellent customer service and phone skills.
- Excellent writing skills with ability to proofread and edit.
- Proven ability to apply independent judgment and complex problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of people inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to effectively use internet search engines as needed for job duties.
- Analytical skills, including ability to understand a problem and propose innovative solutions – taking into consideration departmental and corporate impact.
- Associate’s Degree Experience in recruiting and administration.
- Experience with Workday Recruiting or other applicant tracking systems.
- Proficiency with recruiting tools (LinkedIn, CRM, Facebook, etc.).
- Experience with employment and pay practices.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities (formulas, macros, pivot tables, etc.).
- Advanced Microsoft Word capabilities (merge, tables, advanced formatting, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Competitive pay scale
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Health insurance, including prescription drug plan
- Dental insurance
- Vision care plan
- Life insurance
- Paid time off (for vacation, holidays, sick time, personal time, etc.)
- Direct deposit payroll Credit Union
- Shift differential pay
- Exercise and recreation facility
- Profit-sharing program
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance (Premiums Paid by the Company)
Please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.com and click on the careers link to apply.