Company: City of Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
Under general supervision, plans, develops, implements, manages and evaluates the City Safety Program to promote and improve workplace safety.
Back to Job Listings
- Develops and coordinates compliance programs regarding various Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Public Employees of Oklahoma Safety and Health (PEOSH) and Oklahoma State Department of Labor regulations.
- Develops safety policies and procedures; evaluates operational practices for City departments to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory agencies.
- Performs hazard assessments to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies; evaluates employees on the job; assesses hazards; recommends personal protective equipment.
- Performs safety inspections and audits of property, equipment and operations; notes discrepancies and makes technical recommendations for corrective actions.
- Confers with departments to determine employee safety and training needs.
- Teaches, trains and coaches employees participating in safety classes.
- Prepares and periodically presents appropriate education and refresher safety programs to employees and supervisors.
- Maintains a current knowledge of employee safety literature and research; keeps informed of new developments, methods and techniques in safety and training.
- Maintains the Safety Manual and publishes updates to management and supervisors for dissemination to employees.
- Investigates and reports findings on complaints filed with the Department of Labor concerning alleged safety violations involving City employees.
- Prepares quarterly and annual risk management and safety reports for review by the Assistant Human Resources Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About the Company:
The City of Broken Arrow will set the standard by providing the best municipal programs and services in our region, while promoting a positive environment for families, business, community organizations and visitors. Broken Arrow will continue to be a community that we are proud to call home.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a course of study related to the occupational field, supplemented by one to three years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Oklahoma for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Please see website at www.brokenarrowok.gov/jobs for additional information.