Company: Muncie Power Products
Location: Tulsa, OK
The Talent Acquisition Specialist position is responsible for delivering all facets of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. This position must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge of all positions within the company, a basic understanding of the company's organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Back to Job Listings
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinates with hiring manager(s) to determine best recruiting process for position(s).
- Work with Supervisor to create job descriptions.
- Develops recruitment strategies to achieve required staffing levels.
- Source potential candidates through on-line channels (social platforms and professional networks).
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Schedules and attends job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants.
- Give presentations at colleges, attend student group meetings, and increase college awareness of the company before and after career fairs.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media and employees.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Directs the efforts with area employment agencies and staffing agencies.
- Arranges travel and lodging for applicants, if necessary.
- Review and analyze resumes using our in-house ATS software program.
- Screens and interviews applicants.
- Coordinates appropriate employment testing.
- Conducts employment verifications.
- Coordinates background checks and new-hire drug testing.
- Maintains employee referral program.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Conducts orientation/onboarding of new employees.
- Maintains records on recruiting activities as required.
- Researches, analyzes, prepares and presents hiring statistics.
- Completes weekly report on employment activity.
- Participates in development of annual recruiting budget.
- Aid Marketing in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both externally and internally.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Performs other special projects and Human Resource support as assigned.
- Must be able to travel as needed including overnight stays.
About the Company:
Muncie Power Products is dedicated to the design, manufacture, marketing, and distribution of Power Take-Offs and Fluid Power products that meet or exceed the industry's quality standards. Our North American manufacturing facility is located in Tulsa, OK along with our Engineering and Test facilities.
Since 1935, we have been dedicated to providing quality products and services that will satisfy the needs and expectation of our customers. We are ISO certified and are committed to the continual improvement of our products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources related field preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) a plus.
- 2-4 years recruiting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting sales and engineering positions a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Applicant Tracking Software Programs (ATS).
- Familiarity with social media, resume database and professional network.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the recruitment system from position opening to on-boarding.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
Because our employees are important to us we offer a highly competitive compensation and benefit package. Our package includes a traditional PPO plan with prescription drug coverage. We have not increased our deductible for 12 years and our costs have remained far below industry average. We implemented Zero Card to supplement our medical plan which covers qualified lab tests, MRIs/X-rays, surgery and some generic prescriptions at zero cost to the employee. Our life, AD&D, disability insurances and Employee Assistance Program costs are covered at 100% by the company. The Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, and Voluntary Accident plans are also offered to our employees. Lastly, we offer a comprehensive Wellness Program which includes all 8 dimensions of wellness (physical, environmental, emotional, occupational, intellectual, social, spiritual, and financial).
This is a new position. This person will recruit a variety of positions for all of our locations. Travel includes job fairs and visiting our other locations.