Company: Tulsa Public Schools
Location: Tulsa, OK
Manage the daily functions of up to 10 talent specialists responsible for personnel transactions, data entry into the district’s human resource information system and provision of services to employees. Provide high-level administrative support to ensure daily department operations are carried out efficiently. Prepare district reports, inter-departmental communications, process information requests, and perform clerical functions such as invoicing and purchasing, preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings/agendas. Coordinate and manage small projects to support the functions of the talent management team. Provide direct administrative support to the talent management leadership team.
Back to Job Listings
The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties.
- Manage daily operations of the talent management department. Supervise, train and coach the talent management specialists.
- Perform administrative functions as needed for the talent management leadership team.
- Compose and edit correspondence, memos, and forms required of talent management.
- Prepare high quality presentations and reports to disseminate across the organization.
- Manage all talent management board agenda functions to include, but not limited to, position creates/deletes and all personnel actions requiring board approval.
- Work with attorneys for the district to process jury excuse requests for employees.
- Complete US Department of Labor's job openings and labor turnover surveys.
- Monitor and provide oversight to employee service awards.
- Verify employment and work with districts (out of state) to provide accurate years of service for former certified teachers.
- Verify proof of employment for outside agencies, i.e. mortgage companies.
- Maintain personnel management records and critical databases.
- Respond to information and research requests including: unemployment claims, public information requests and others.
- Manage fixed assets and serve in an office manager capacity for the talent management department.
- Assist patrons providing impeccable customer service.
- Help resolve technical issues for the department as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About the Company:
Tulsa Public Schools is the destination for extraordinary educators who work with our community and families to ignite the joy of learning and prepare every student for the greatest success in college, careers and life. Our mission is to inspire and prepare every student to love learning, achieve ambitious goals and make positive contributions to our world.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business Administration, Project Management or related field highly preferred.
- Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in administrative support, including budget and project management, operation/logistics or other related experience within human resources, human capital or personnel administration.
Tulsa Public Schools offers a competitive salary and benefit package.