Company: Matrix Service Company
Location: Tulsa, OK
The Training and Development Specialist is responsible for training plan development, curricula definition, training material preparation, and performing instructor-led training course delivery to locations across the Company in order to facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of employees.
Back to Job Listings
- Actively supports the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values."
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics."
- Research, plan, design, and conduct various training programs across the Company to support the organization's professional development needs.
- Using knowledge of various training techniques, determine instructional methods most appropriate for each situation, such as individual training, group instruction, demonstrations, computer-based training, or web-based training.
- Should also possess the ability to create all instructional/support materials related (instructor guides, participant workbooks, web content, quick reference guides, templates, manuals, visual aids, and exercises).
- Identify and assess the Company's training needs and develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs, as necessary. Align training program with current and new business initiatives and objectives and provide training solutions to address business needs.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and expected learning outcomes.
- Support /coach learners and managers and act as a resource for training or development related questions.
- Maintain appropriate records of training and development activities.
- Support requests for both technical and soft skills based training courses and programs in areas of both design and delivery.
- Able to function at a high level in both a collaborative team environment as well as independently as needed to manage project assignments.
- Perform other related responsibilities, as directed.
About the Company:
Founded in 1984, Matrix Service Company (Nasdaq:MTRX) is a top-tier industrial contractor based in Tulsa, Oklahoma with subsidiary offices throughout the U.S. and Canada as well as in Sydney, Australia and Seoul, South Korea. The company’s subsidiaries — Matrix Service, Matrix NAC, Matrix PDM Engineering and Matrix Applied Technologies — provide engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction; maintenance and industrial cleaning services; and products to the Energy, Power and Industrial markets. Matrix is known as a leader in aboveground storage tanks and specialty vessels and is a contractor of choice for a host of industries including power generation, power delivery, integrated iron and steel, minerals and mining and more. Matrix Service Company is ranked #49 in Engineering-News Record's annual Top 400 Contractors. We are also recognized as one of Forbes 100 most trustworthy public companies, as one of Fortune's Top 100 Fastest-Growing companies and certified as a great workplace by Great Place To Work.
- 3+ years' experience in training plan development, training material preparation, curricula definition and training course design/delivery, as demonstrated by work samples or portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree in Training, Organizational Development or other related area strongly preferred. Equivalent job-related experience/knowledge if no degree.
- Professional training certification, such as ATD's Certified Professional in Learning and Performance Certification preferred.
- Advanced skills in areas of customer interface and customer satisfaction; excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of adult learning techniques and various learning/training concepts and principles.
- Experience using various delivery methods including instructor-led courses and computer-based training (CBT).
- Ability to interact, design and provide training to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to research and gather content from multiple sources and translate into training materials.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to work independently and manage training projects and programs.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Some LMS administrator experience preferred.
- Some experience with eLearning development / authoring software, preferably Articulate Storyline and Captivate.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Leadership development design and facilitation experience preferred.
- Certified facilitator of training or assessment programs a plus (MBTI, DISC, HOGAN, etc.).
- Previous experience in manufacturing, construction or the oil/gas industry a plus.
- Position requires occasional travel and overtime.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&A, STD, LTD, 401K with match and flexible schedule.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic or category.
Please apply for this position here: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/MAT1001MATRX/JobBoard/c8f0a966-48ec-4153-a126-9f158a97fdfa/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=0ee62307-d5da-42de-ae48-481f2f09e378