Company: Endeavor Business Media
Location: Tulsa, OK
Endeavor Business Media is looking for a Benefit and Compliance Specialist to coordinate the administration of employee benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Voluntary Life, HSA, FSA, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, 401k Savings Plan and Aflac plans for all EBM employees across diverse geographic locations. You will play a key role serving as a subject matter expert internally on all compliance issues related to the human resources functions including benefits, payroll, new hires and exiting employees and responsible for ensuring the organization’s compliance with external regulations, including filing requirements. In this role, you will assist the VP of Human Resources along with other members of the HR department with ongoing and new projects that aim to constantly be improving our policies, processes, and people experiences. You will be expected to timely and appropriately respond to employee inquiries and proactively communicate with carriers and vendors to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information and services to EBM employees.
Back to Job Listings
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information. Examines, verifies, audits and submits for approval premiums statements for all group insurance policies and benefit plans making corrections as needed. This includes enrollment, open enrollment and qualifying events. Audits employee portion of premium deductions to ensure accuracy of billing and payroll deductions. Resolves administrative problems with appropriate carriers.
- Assists with new-hire orientations conducting thorough orientation on benefits with all new hires in accordance with company policy. Answers employee questions concerning the company in general and the companys benefits programs. Maintains the Enrollment Benefits email account, including timely response and resolution of employee inquiries.
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork, including medical, personal, disability and FMLA. Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes. Enrolls employees with carriers and processes life status changes. Able to conduct complex employee relations investigations, and analyze incidents to ascertain root causes, as well as perform evaluations on return to work cases after a leave of absence. Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences, disabilities and accommodations. Possess strong knowledge of leaves of absence regulations and ensure that appropriate leave of absence documentation is created, obtained, and maintained in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manages the annual catch-up contribution enrollment.
- Processes and administers the tuition reimbursement program.
- Discreetly handle sensitive employee information and reports.
- Provide training and guidance to employees on compliance-related issues.
- Responsible for keeping informed on all employee-related legislative and regulatory changes and/or developments and ensure changes to rules and regulations are restructured with HR systems, policies, Handbooks, and practices. Takes initiative to research changes in laws and regulations and analyze their impact on the organization and effectively communicate findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Assists the VP of HR and Chief Administrative and Legal Officer to communicate the requirements associated with all applicable HR-related legal/regulatory and compliance programs.
- Detail and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to effectively organize and convey information both orally and in writing to employees, senior-level HR professionals, and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer and information systems competency.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Conflict resolution skills; ability to de-escalate and resolve conflict among employees and/or service providers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to program their tasks and effectively prioritize assignments to handle the multiple tasks associated with the job position. Ability to successfully work with minimum supervision, but proactively seek clarification when needed to be successful.
- Ability to build rapport, establish relationships, influence and partner with people across all levels of the company with ease.
- Service mindset.
- Empathy and patience.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
About the Company:
Endeavor Business Media is a rapidly growing US-based B2B media and events company founded in 2017. Endeavor’s mission is to deliver the highest-quality content in the B2B markets we serve and to do so in the various, multi- channel formats that today’s industry professionals demand. From informative e-newsletters to in-depth monthly magazines to curated in-person events, Endeavor Business Media is committed to providing the best opportunities for professionals to stay knowledgeable and connect with marketplace colleagues that drive their industry forward.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration, or in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable law. 3-5 years of hands-on experience in the application of compliance policies and procedures and benefits; solid understanding of employment laws and regulations and demonstrated research abilities.
- Proficient with HR information systems, Microsoft Excel, and other MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint), and other packages necessary for analyzing data to support decision making.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Some travel on occasion required.
We offer competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k), generous PTO & paid holidays.
For consideration, please complete our online application and send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement.
Endeavor Business Media is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status.