Company: Hillcrest Hospital South
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
The Human Resource Director (HR Director / HRD) has a mix of strong business acumen, organization development, and human resources expertise coupled with consulting skills required to aid in guidance and development of human resources practices within the business. The HR Director partners directly with facility and regional leadership and their respective teams to drive results based on business strategy and objectives. The HR Director will guide and provide consultation to C-level leaders on HR areas such as: diversity, employee engagement, talent management, organizational design, resourcing, change management, performance management, and employee relations. In addition, the HR Director will also support/deliver on enterprise-wide HR related projects and activities. The HR Director role is responsible for creating HR agendas that align with corporate HR strategies and supports local interests and conditions and serves as a role model and mentor to HR Business Partners
Back to Job Listings
- Partners with businesss leaders, executives, and guides the development of HR strategies and approaches to attract, develop, and retain talent in the business that are aligned with Ardent Health Corporate standards and practices.
- Working with HR corporate colleagues prioritize objectives for region and/or facility to ensure that the strategic and operational goals are achieved.
- Support the development and implementation of the HR strategy including ensuring enterprise-wide procedures and processes are followed in all parts of the business.
- Build strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver the HR strategy.
- Ensures HR Strategy is aligned to the department strategy and uses feedback from the Department to improve HR procedures and services.
- Lead the HR vision, including role modelling great personal and team leadership and taking an active role in ensuring the HR Operating Model, is embedded successfully.
- Conduct performance analyses on existent strategies, procedures, and policies, identifying areas for improvement and developing actionable and sustainable solutions.
- Uses organizational savvy to assess issues and present relevant solutions, guide departmental heads, management, and stakeholders through a collaborative and shared decision making process.
Enabler of Change:
- Identify and understand the need for change for client group and develop strategies to achieve these in alignment with corporate HR Strategy and in conjunction with the business leadership team.
- Positively drive change in support of business objectives by guiding change management plans using sound change management practices.
- With a focus on the people side of change, serve as subject matter expert in ensuring projects/change initiatives meet objectives by increasing employee awareness, adoption and usage.
- Contribute to the development of new, and expansion of existing, employee engagement initiatives.
- Drive continuous improvement of HR policies, processes, procedures and systems to ensure effective and efficient service delivery, compliance with current legislation, and alignment with best practice.
- Partner with client management/leadership team and assigned Recruiter to support recruitment, selection, and offer negotiations, as needed, of top talent.
- Onboard new leaders with a detailed review of current talent and performance of team, employee engagement, and talent acquisition in progress.
- Support hiring managers in preparing and executing detailed onboarding plans for new hires.
- Partner with and support managers and directors on performance management processes, including goal setting, employee performance improvement plans, employee relations issues, and providing advice on related employment legislation.
- Lead Performance calibration sessions as part of annual performance review cycle to support pay-for-performance culture.
- Communicate learning and development needs identified through collaboration with business leaders and data analysis to COE partners.
- Collaborate with COE LD in the design and/or delivery of interventions to address departmental, people and change related issues.
- Provide support in the delivery of HR related learning programs (e.g. Dignity Respect, Diversity Inclusion, Leadership skill development, ).
- Lead annual Talent Review (9-Box) and Succession Planning processes for client group.
- Support assessing talent, lead calibration sessions, and ensure appropriate plans are put into action.
About the Company:
Hillcrest Hospital South is a full-service 180 bed hospital located in Tulsa, OK. Hillcrest South provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services using state-of-the-art technology in a friendly community setting. Every day, Hillcrest South team members fulfill our purpose of caring for others. Compassion and respect for each patient guide our dedicated staff, which show in consistent recognition for patient satisfaction. Hiring talented team members - people like you - who wish to change lives for the better is integral to our success. Hillcrest South offers team members opportunities to grow while transforming lives with incentives and assistance to get you there. We celebrate your successes, recognize your value, and believe in your ability to help you bring positive change throughout northeastern Oklahoma. It is this focus and determination that has driven Hillcrest South’s current outcomes. Hillcrest South is the only DNV Orthopedic Center of Excellence (OCE) in Oklahoma. It has the only accredited RN residency program in the Tulsa community through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). It’s cardiovascular service line has more accreditations through the American College of Cardiology (ACC) than any hospital in the state of Oklahoma. Consistent performance has helped the hospital maintain a CMS 4 Star Rating and a current Leapfrog A. Its position in the market has resulted in consistent, sustainable service line growth and development.
- A/BS required 7+ years of Human Resources experience
- Relevant HR experience (HRBP, HR Director preferred) gained in healthcare related business with multiple stakeholders (including matrix relationships).
- Extensive experience of operating in a business partner model, working with local leaders to create positive business outcomes.
- Experience in organization development, human resources, training, and talent planning.
- Proven success building, leading, and integrating effective and lasting people management programs within a business.
- Strong business acumen.
- Knowledge and experience leveraging HR metrics, drawing insights from data and information, and guiding leadership in strategy formulation.
- Experience working with change management principles, tools, and methodologies.
- SHRM certified and/or extensive knowledge of current Human Resources practices, principles, and trends.
Medical/Dental/Life/Vision, 401(k), paid time off
For more information reach out to Brandi Bedwell, Talent Aquisition Consultant at