Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Location: Catoosa, OK
Lead the design, implementation, education and administration of the Company’s benefits and wellness programs and the processes to support these programs.
Back to Job Listings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Includes the following:
- Ensures that Company benefits, including wellness programs, are consistent with the Company's business objectives, total rewards strategy and are delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Works with benefits brokers and consultants globally to continually assess and ensure the competitiveness and compliance of all benefit programs and practices against comparable companies, industries and markets in each country and recommends changes as needed.
- Develops new programs or enhances existing benefits programs as needed, determining areas for improvement related to utilization, costs effectiveness, and health outcomes.
- Actively pursues input from business units regarding areas of concern or changing market conditions.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure excellent service and support.
- Identifies vendors to solicit for benefit plan Requests for Proposal; conducts comparative analysis of plan provisions, practices and costs and directs selection and negotiation process.
- Regularly monitors vendor plan performance and evaluates compliance, quality of service and cost effectiveness.
- Leads communications efforts around open enrollment, benefit changes, wellness programs, educational materials and regulatory compliance; includes strong partnership with business unit HR teams.
- Oversees annual renewal processes globally, including internal C-level presentations and approvals; negotiates renewal/new contract agreements.
- Advises managers and employees on interpretation of benefit policies and practices.
- Serves key role in coordinating the functions of the benefits governance committees.
- Oversees MA due diligence, identify risks and provides recommendations and plans integration activities for the benefits function.
- Oversees US leave management including reporting, vendor management and policies; partnering closely with legal and business unit HR teams.
- Works with the Finance Department to ensure adequate estimates, forecasts and calculations of expenditures in benefits for budget planning and tracking.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant government regulations, including ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements, FMLA and HIPAA.
- Oversees timely annual audits of the benefit plans.
- Oversees enterprise HR service center for HR related employee questions.
- Provides exceptional customer service to our employees.
- Provides data from inquiries to broader HR team in order to improve overall function performance for the company.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Leads multiple HR functions by providing leadership for employee through effective communications, coaching, training, establishing goals and developing employees and leaders.
- Has the authority to hire/fire/promote and direct the work of others.
- May lead teams with employees in multiple locations.
About the Company:
Cherokee Nation Businesses (CNB) is the economic engine of Cherokee Nation — the largest Native American tribe. As the parent company of 35 businesses, CNB operates three divisions: Hospitality, Cherokee Federal and Cultural & Economic Development. We employ more than 7,500 people who work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories. We are hiring entrepreneurial leaders who have the motivation to develop and grow our diverse portfolio of companies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8-10 years benefits related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least 3 years in a leadership role and prior experience managing global benefits programs in various regions.
- Professional certification is required and may include Certified Benefits Professional, Certified Employee Benefit Specialist, or Certified in Benefits and Compensation Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong US Benefits knowledge in both Health and Welfare and 401(k).
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills focused on organizational and team success.
- Strong functional expertise in benefits design and administration including a working knowledge of government regulations that apply to benefit programs (ERISA, COBRA, FMLA etc.) and the standard filings required by the Department of Labor/IRS.
- Experience in managing vendor relationships, RFPs and leading a change in vendor.
- Strong quantitative skills with ability to think critically and create strategy and action plans to implement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion and ethics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, communicate with all levels of employees and vendors, the ability to interpret contractual language into easily understandable text, and comfortable in group presentation and negotiations.
- Flexible and proactive problem solver with focus on service, execution and delivery; adept at achieving results in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong Project Management skills including creation and management of project plans with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage and mentor staff for continued growth within the company.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools and HR enterprise systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain and maintain licensing by the appropriate gaming authority.
- Work is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Occasional travel and overnight stay are involved.
About Us - Are you fun and highly motivated? Do you like to take on new challenges in a team-focused environment? Are you committed to delivering high-quality work? If so, you may be a great candidate for the CNB team!
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Incentive Program
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance