- Oversees implementation of Human Resources programs, monitors administration of established standards and procedures, identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies. Additionally, this position oversees the work of reporting Human Resources staff and encourages ongoing development.
- Creates a vision for the Human Resources department and oversees the implementation process.
- Helps develop and administer programs, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the credit union. Establishes departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the credit union's strategic goals. Directs the preparation and maintenance of necessary reports to carry out the functions of the department and prepares management reports to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Leads the implementation of performance management and employee development programs. Approves development and implementation of in-house training programs that address credit union training needs to include: training needs assessment, new employee orientation/ onboarding, staff development, management development, products and services, production cross-train, and credit union expectations and culture.
- Oversees the recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce. Interviews middle level management candidates. Manages the maintenance of Human Resources sites such as Paylocity and Silkroads, and on the Intranet sites as it pertains to recruiting, culture, and company information.
- Assists with the management of organization development as it pertains to employee retention, employee development, and change management. Monitors credit union's culture and manages programs (Member Shopper, Member Engagement Program, etc.) to support the attainment of the credit unions' goals and promote employee satisfaction.
- Oversees Human Resources policies and objectives for the credit union regarding employee relations. Recommends to CEO employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Manages investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth, monitors and advises managers in the progressive discipline system of the credit union as well as performance. Oversees and audits payroll administration and processing. Acts as backup for processing and submission of payroll. Responsible for auditing programs (Paylocity, Compeas, etc.) utilized by Human Resources and ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- With the assistance of the CEO, obtains cost effective, employee serving benefits. Leads the development of benefit orientations and other benefit training.
- Under general direction, ensures timely processing of workers' compensation claims; evaluates accident reports to determine accuracy and completeness and to ensure adequate investigation; ensures that the credit union is in compliance with applicable laws and regulations; provides training and guidance to management in all departments.
About the Company:
Oklahoma Central Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution that has served Tulsa and its surrounding communities for over 75 years. We have 10 branches and 140 employees who strive to serve our 45,000+ member/owners through every phase or event affecting their financial well-being.
- Eight to ten years similar or related experience.
- A college degree in Human Resources or related field.
- SHRM certification preferred.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job and a high level of interpersonal skills are critical to the success of this position. Work frequently involves contacts requiring considerable discussion of problems, material presentations, and resolving issues impacting departments or divisions.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel, Word and skills in record keeping.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Regular, punctual attendance is required.
OCCU offers a great working environment with excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401k, education reimbursement, PTO and 40 hours per year to volunteer within the community.