Company: Tulsa Community College
Location: Tulsa, OK
Develops and implements programs and initiatives and strategies to improve employee engagement, retention, and satisfaction. Conducts objective, balanced, and thorough investigations into employee complaints and other policy violations while acting with warmth, empathy, compassion, and creativity to drive effectiveness through the investigative process. Provides information and support services at all stages of the employee life cycle from onboarding to career development and other transitions.
Back to Job Listings
- Conducts timely internal reviews of submitted reports of employment policy violations, retaliation, hostile work environment, harassment, discrimination allegations, or other HR-related matters.
- Prepares well-written reports at the conclusion of the review, and recommends and implements appropriate next-steps or corrective actions based on policies, procedures, and existing practices.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local law, and College policies.
- Exercise discretion and sound professional judgment to maintain the confidentiality of reviews and, if needed, timely escalate concerns to the correct levels of leadership.
- Ensures proper review documentation and follow through are completed in a timely manner.
- Organizes and maintains employee documentation utilizing online software for investigations.
- Receives, reviews, and provides counseling to employees, management, and supervisors regarding employee disciplinary matters, College policies, and the performance management process.
- Makes appropriate decisions regarding requests for assistance with workplace complaints, performance improvement plans, and other employee relations functions.
- Serves as a liaison between the employee, management, and related departments.
- Investigates and resolves employment-related concerns in compliance with federal and state laws and College policies and initiatives.
- Identifies the need for changes in policies, procedures, and processes, taking the initiative to recommend changes.
- Work with management to assess and plan developmental opportunities for employees.
- Communicates training opportunities via TCCs online Learning Management System or other venues.
- Consults with employees regarding new and existing polices and ensures comprehension, implementation, and compliance.
- Works with interested employees with career pathing.
- Assists in developing strategies to recruit a strong workforce.
- Researches and develops opportunities to recruit, retain, and promote a culturally diverse workforce.
- Advertises and promotes employment opportunities to the internal and external community.
- Facilitates a strategic orientation that engages employees, coordinates with various departments to ensure vital employee experience touchpoints are completed, and organizes resources, events and/or sessions support a positive and engaged employee experience.
- Exhibits expertise in college systems and tools supporting new hires.
- Demonstrates and continually advances knowledge of onboarding best practices.
- Conducts offboarding interviews with separating employees, tracking reasons for voluntary terminations to inform future HR recruitment or other strategies.
- Conducts analytics to identify trends and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures timely delivery of employee engagement programming tailored to the needs of college employees and creates feedback mechanisms to demonstrate effectiveness.
- Instigates letters to employees regarding Oklahoma Tax Commission notices to the College.
- Exit interviews and annual summary
- Sick leave donation/sharing process
- Drug and Alcohol committee initiatives and the annual biennial report
- Clery committee member
- Bilingual Pay process for current and new employees
- Post Introductory Performance Assessments (PIPA) for new hires and current employees
- Annual employee service recognition, service excellence awards, and retiree receptions
- Culture Connection event for new employees
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG) application and approval process
- Campus HR visits (HR Coffee Hour, etc.)
- Employee Engagement tab on MyTCC Assist with special projects as assigned by the supervisor
About the Company:
Tulsa Community College is committed to creating equitable and inclusive work environments to support the success of the full range of our employees. We believe that employees who feel valued and respected will create policies, programs, practices and services to effectively meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our increasingly diverse student populations. We encourage candidates to apply who have demonstrated capacity to create inclusive work environments, to work effectively on increasingly diverse teams, and to serve the increasingly diverse college community. We are committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our students, but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our community.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Degree requirement may be substituted with equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of related work experience.
- Ability to know and interpret labor/employment laws and HR policies.
- Working knowledge of employee relations and documentation support.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and employ active listening when working with employees.
- Ability to oversee concurrent projects with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to listen and convey messages with empathy, care, concern, and professionalism.
- Sensitivity when handling confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Travel between TCC campuses is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365.
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certifications.
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Daycare
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
- 403(b) and 457(b) Retirement
- Oklahoma Teacher’s Retirement System (OTRS)