Company: CAP Tulsa
Location: Tulsa, OK
Act as the Human Resources (HR) representative responsible for Employee Success and Engagement activities to support school and headquarters locations within the agency. Provide advice, assist and follow-up on company policies, procedures, retention and engagement activities and documentation. Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural violations, problems and inquiries. Sets precedent within limits and/or administers operating rules and procedures under management guidance. Performs advanced troubleshooting or analysis; uses judgment to select from multiple known alternatives. Frequent interaction to provide detailed procedural explanations or technical responses and/or occasional contact to negotiate basic agreements.
Back to Job Listings
- Provide Employee Success support related to policy and procedural violations that are reported. Partner and maintain close and supportive relationships with School Leaders, Managers and Associate Directors. Focus on risk mitigation and agency goals, while advocating and recommending amicable resolutions for managers and employees.
- Offer counseling and policy interpretation, perform research, and conduct investigations. Draft and submit investigative summaries to HR leadership team with recommendations based on investigation outcomes.
- Provide support and answer questions related to human resources activities to include employment, employee success, compliance, employee engagement activities and policies and procedures. Partner closely with school leadership to maintain positive relationships to help support employee success.
- Recommend and help establish policies that seek to increase employee retention, foster job satisfaction and alignment with CAP Tulsas culture to help impact positive employee morale.
- Seeks to recommend and establish activities and incentive programs that encourage excellent performance, employee engagement and increase retention rates.
- Counsel assist and follow-up on questions regarding agency policies, procedures, and documentation; coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Work with school leadership to implement progressive discipline, provide assistance drafting disciplinary documentation coaching templates as needed.
- Provide back-up to the HR Generalist when out of the office. Generalist will focus the majority of time on Employee Success and Engagement but will train to become knowledgeable with staffing compliance and COVID protocols.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
About the Company:
Our mission is to help young children in lower-income families grow up and achieve economic success.
Our vision for the future is that children grow up and achieve economic success so that their children are not born into poverty.
Our method is to combine high-quality early childhood education with innovative family services and resources.
Our two-generation approach aims not only to prepare young children for future success in school, but also to help their parents succeed through programs designed to increase parenting skills, employability and earning potential.
We believe every child and every family deserves the same opportunity for success.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- 3-5 years of HR Generalist experience, with emphasis in employee relations and retention.
- Background knowledge of employment law and other government compliance regulations.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills with strong database software skills.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Ability to use judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
- Proven successful interpersonal relationship skills to maintain effective and positive working relationships with intra-department and inter-department staff, vendors, clients, visitors, and contractors.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with ability to read, interpret and present information effectively.
- Must be able to accurately audit records and ensure compliance with written or oral guidelines.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of extremely sensitive data, records, files, conversations, etc.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data. Ability to recommend effective resolutions.
- Advanced organizational skills, efficiency skills and excellent attention to detail with a demonstrated commitment to completing assignments on a timely basis.
Employee is subject to standing, stooping, walking, lifting, and carrying objects throughout daily job performance. Work is a normal office environment. Intermittent effort involving lifting of amounts between 5 and 25 pounds required. Driving is required occasionally. Work requires moderate attention to details between 15% and 45% of the time.
Marcus L Paul