Company: CP Kelco
Location: Okmulgee, Oklahoma
The HR Generalist is responsible for applying business knowledge and human resources expertise through various areas such as compensation & benefits, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, employee and labor relations, and HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between employees and management.
Back to Job Listings
Principal Duties Responsibilities:
- Build credibility with stakeholders.
- Manage programs, policies, and procedures to support organizational objectives.
- Serve as the principal liaison to managers for HR strategies, philosophies, and initiatives.
- Implement plans using results-oriented goals for measuring success.
- Assist with implementation of diversity inclusion and employee engagement programs.
- Maintain appropriate employee confidentiality in all interactions.
- Document, investigate, and when necessary elevate reports of unethical behavior.
- Maintain awareness of ethics laws, standards, legislation, and trends.
- Lead challenging HR-related investigations and bring to closure by applying sound judgement and HR knowledge.
- Coach managers and supervisors on HR related matters.
- Identify HR risks and develop and implement proactive mitigation strategies.
- Collect and analyze HR data and provide change recommendations to management.
Relationship Management and Retention
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Use effective listening skills to understand stakeholder issues before proposing solutions.
- Proactively seek opportunities to engage stakeholders to resolve HR operations issues.
- Mediate difficult interactions escalating problems when warranted.
- Facilitate conflict resolution meetings.
- Lead extensive employee engagement programs.
- Coordinate and conduct stay and exit interviews making action recommendations as needed.
Staffing and Recruitment
- Partner with hiring manager to determine staffing needs.
- Create and update job descriptions including Physical Demands.
- Manage recruitment and selection process.
- Administer behavioral assessments and analyze results.
Training and Development
- Assists with the performance management system (PATH) that includes performance development plans and employee performance reviews.
- Establishes employee training programs to address the plants training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or on-boarding, leadership development, production cross-training, and the measurement of training impact.
- Assists with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- Develops annual training budget and monitors spending.
About the Company:
CP Kelco is a leading producer of specialty ingredients which are added to improve texture, consistency, and stability in food, pharmaceutical and industrial products. Our products are derived from renewable raw materials found in nature for use in jam, fruit and milk drinks, confectionery products as well as industrial applications. We work across the whole value chain from natural raw materials to customers’ end products. CP Kelco is part of the JM Huber Corporation, one of the largest privately held, family owned companies in the United States. With approximately $2.3 billion in sales and 4,000 employees worldwide, we have a combined material presence in more than 20 countries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources in Manufacturing with broad knowledge of all HR disciplines.
- Experience applying sound judgement and HR knowledge to resolve complex matters.
- Strong knowledge in wage and labor laws, performance management, labor unions, compensation and benefits, and training & development.
- Familiar with worker’s compensation, payroll, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Strong skills in IT, written and verbal communication, and relationship management.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- HR certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, etc).
- Experience with labor unions including grievance and arbitration hearings and collective bargaining agreement negotiations.
- Experience and/or certifications with behavioral profiling assessments (DISC, Hogans, Myers Briggs, McQuaig, etc).
We offer Medical, Dental, generous 401K and paid time off. Excellent work culture and the benefit of a family owned company.
Interested candidates please apply on line.
No Agencies please.