Company: Tulsa County
Location: 3rd and Houston Downtown Tulsa
Under general direction, performs HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with other members of the HR team supporting the overall mission of the organization by performing the following duties.
Back to Job Listings
Essential Job Functions
- Perform benefits administration including communicating benefits information to employees and former employees, assisting with benefits open enrollment meetings, qualifying events reporting, and claims resolution.
- Provide support to employees with FMLA requests.
- Maintain the FMLA software program to ensure that employee information is complete and proper notifications are distributed.
- Perform COBRA administration including eligibility review and coordinate billing with bookkeeper.
- Contact for third party TPA for COBRA.
- Administer and operate COBRA software that notifies the TPA to send COBRA notifications for new and terminated employees. Perform data entry on each full-time employee termination and ineligible dependents in order to process a COBRA notification.
- Answer incoming calls regarding COBRA benefits.
- Provide assistance with the recruitment processes by coordinating job postings, reviewing applications and resumes to determine qualifications, performing reference checks and telephone interviews, and maintaining the applicant tracking software program.
- Maintain a listing of approved recruiting assignments from various Tulsa County elected officials offices.
- Administer vendor contracts and agreements.
- Assist department team members as needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
About the Company:
Tulsa County Human Resources Department, through strategic partnerships and collaboration works to recruit, develop and retain a high performing and diverse workforce. Our goal is to foster a healthy, safe, and productive work environment throughout Tulsa County. We serve employees, their families, departments and the public in order to maximize individual and organizational performance to position Tulsa County as an employer of choice.
The Human Resources Department manages a comprehensive compensation program and provides employee relations that supports the goals and objectives of Tulsa County through its most valuable resource, its employees. Human Resources provides staff to recruit and retain employees to Tulsa County, administer benefits programs, provide training and educational classes both online and instructor lead, safety programs to ensure a safe work environment and manage employee injuries.
We are a full-service team that assists employees with all their Human Resources needs while being employed at Tulsa County and into retirement.
Qualifications Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Skill in presenting benefits information to employees; in effective time management; in MS Office Suite; in interviewing techniques; in record keeping; and coordinating employment and technical functions of Human Resources.
- Knowledge of FMLA, COBRA, and benefits administration; of recruiting best practices and techniques; of employment-related laws and regulations; of HR best practices; of administrative policies, personnel files, and federal guidelines; and of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; to assess situations and make optimal and speedy decisions; to use tact when expressing ideas or opinions; to deliver a high level of service to ensure employee satisfaction; to meet deadlines; to prioritize tasks; to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality; and to perform a wide variety of tasks, change focus quickly as demands change.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resources software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software, and Word Processing software.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration, or other related field; and at least three years of satisfactory, full time paid employment in Human Resources, Business Administration or related work; or a combination of education and experience substituting one year of the required education with one additional year of experience could be considered.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, convey, express oneself, and exchange information.
- The employee is frequently required to assume a stationary position; operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, detect, and position.
- The employee is occasionally required to move or transverse, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently transport, move, position, put, install up to 10 pounds, and occasionally transport, move, position, put, install up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus.
- HMO Health Plan
- PPO Dental Plan
- VSP Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance Options
- Supplemental & Disability Options
- Retirement - 457(b), 401(a), Post-Employment Health Plan (PEHP), & Tulsa County Pension Plan (Vested after 5 years)
- Time off - Accrue 12 days per year of Paid Personal Leave, Accrue 15 days per year of Vacation Leave the first five years of service, 12 paid Holidays per year
- Education Reimbursement Program