Company: Bishop Kelley High School
Location: Tulsa, OK
The Human Resource Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing employees, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing employee policies and practices. This role also supports the strategy of the institution as it relates to the Human Resources practices. This position is a department of one and has oversight over all Human Resources function within Bishop Kelley, and also has responsibility to execute and perform all aspects of the function.
Back to Job Listings
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrate a commitment to Catholic values and the promotion of the associated culture within a Catholic school.
- Works closely with the President to implement and manage the overall strategic mission, vision and core values of the school.
- Administers school-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with school objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Manages and administers all employee benefit programs including but not limited to health/dental/vision insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, COBRA, FMLA, Retirement and Pension, and other programs.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Responds to employees benefit questions, resolves problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, orients newly eligible employees, and processes enrollment forms and change requests.
- Manages and administers Payroll function as well as the primary focal point for all HRIS (payroll company) activity.
- Manages the full employment life cycle from beginning to end, including onboarding and offboarding.
- Oversees and maintains the Performance Management system, including the annual review process, in partnership with organizational leaders.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Identifies potential employee-relations issues and makes recommendations to management.
About the Company:
Bishop Kelley High School is home to the Comet Family--a dedicated, passionate, and welcoming community of faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni and more! As the largest private school in Oklahoma, BK serves more than 900 students and has more than 100 faculty and staff members who help to live out our mission to carry on the teaching ministry of Jesus Christ by providing a Catholic, Lasallian education that develops individuals whose hearts and minds are prepared for a purposeful life. Each day on campus at Bishop Kelley, the halls are filled with life and excitement as students, faculty and staff alike pursue excellence in all that they do. We are looking for highly motivated, mission driven leaders to join our community, where they will find opportunities to use their talents in great ways while developing both personally and professionally.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least five years of broad-spectrum human resources experience, in a variety of specialties preferred.
- SHRM or HRCI Certification Preferred.
- Experience with small-business and/or HR department of one is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS system.
Full benefits package available including health and retirement as well as tuition assistance.