Company: Tulsa Community Foundation
Location: Tulsa, OK
Summary: This position will be responsible for accurately processing biweekly payroll across 15-20 different companies with approximately 250 employees. Ensuring accurate time keeping data, managing employee deductions, salary changes, and all other necessary functions. This position will also lead the development of new LLCs from setting up payroll, taxes and all necessary reporting.
Back to Job Listings
- Reviews time records and other payroll data for accuracy, policy compliance, and appropriateness and enters data into payroll system.
- Assisting employees and managers with time entry adjustments and other HR-related questions, running and reviewing data integrity reports from the timekeeping system.
- Independently processes bi-weekly payroll cycles in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations and processes appropriate payments.
- Prepares voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities.
- Reconciles benefit and 401(k) deductions and processes associated payments and contributions.
- Responds to employee requests and questions regarding payroll related matters.
- Prepares and submits all required tax reports, including set up of new LLCs.
- Updates information continually and performs the year-end payroll processes and steps.
- Maintains confidentiality of all payroll, tax and other related information.
- Assist in the accurate recording of payroll transactions within respective accounting systems of multi-companies.
- Assist in cost analysis and allocations relating to payroll as needed.
- Assist in management of independent contractor reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About the Company:
Toward the end of 1998, several charitably-minded leaders came together to help create Tulsa Community Foundation (TCF), a tax-exempt public charity organized to receive, administer and distribute gifts from individuals and organizations for the improvement of the Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma area. TCF is a collection of many charitable funds varying in size from $5,000 to multiple millions of dollars. Each fund has its own identity and benefits from being invested with other funds to create a lasting community resource. Currently, TCF manages over $4.4 billion among over 800 individual philanthropic funds. TCF staff members work daily with nonprofit agencies, corporations, individuals, government officials, and community leaders to provide superior service to the citizens of Tulsa and eastern Oklahoma, as well as to increase the charitable dollars contributed to our community.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field with 5 years of multi-company payroll or High School Diploma with at least 10 years of multi- company payroll.
- Experience in multi-state payroll preferred.
- Experience with non-profits preferred.
- Proficiencies Microsoft Office Suite Quickbooks preferred.
- HRIS & Time Keeping Systems such as Paychex preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective communication – to a broad range of audiences; comfortable working with diverse populations and knowledge of a wide subject matter.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask while maintaining efficiency. Able to maintain detail oriented tasks with shifting priorities while in a fast paced team environment.
- Self Motivation: Desire to create objectives, establish priorities and proceed with goals under limited supervision. Strong desire to learn and continually improve skills and techniques within the role.
- Customer Service: strong desire to work with candidates, partners, employees and leadership to provide responsive, respectful customer service.
- Attention to Detail: consistent organization and accuracy while working with detailed complex systems.
- Problem Solving: Works through the details of an issue to reach a practical solution – using appropriate critical thinking skills.
- Analytical: Ability to perform analysis of spreadsheets relating to payroll entry and general accounting.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent time management.
- Ability to utilize and quickly become proficient at variety of computer programs.
- Ability to sit at & use a computer for multiple hours at a time.
Full Benefits including 100% paid Employee Only Medical & Dental