Company: CAP Tulsa
Location: Tulsa, OK
Act as the Human Resources (HR) representative responsible for HR activities and support for site locations within the agency. Provide advice, assist and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation. Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural violations, problems and inquiries. Sets precedent within limits and/or administers operating rules and procedures under management guidance. Performs advanced troubleshooting or analysis; uses judgment to select from multiple known alternatives. Frequent interaction to provide detailed procedural explanations or technical responses and/or occasional contact to negotiate basic agreements.
Back to Job Listings
RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research, recommend and help implement COVID-19 protocols and updates as needed based on CDC guidelines and city/state mandates.
- Provide guidance and assistance when needed to HR Generalist to ensure prompt responses to positive cases of COVID-19. This includes overseeing contact tracing, conducting interviews when needed, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is being obtained for employees returning to work after being on quarantine.
- This position will back up the HR Generalist when needed to help determine when classrooms, schools or other locations need to be temporarily closed for cleaning and to help ensure that the COVID-19 Response team receives immediate notifications of new positive cases.
- Provide support and answer questions related to human resource activities to include employment, employee relations, compliance, and policies and procedures.
- Provide HR support to sites by partnering closely with School leadership; and advocate for employees.
- Counsel, assist and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation; coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Work with school leadership to implement progressive discipline, including providing assistance drafting written warnings.
- Provide employee relations counseling, perform research and investigations, and offer recommendation for outcome.
- Administer annual Employee Satisfaction Survey to include collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for all Schools and Exchange.
- Provide ad-hoc reports for leadership as needed throughout the year.
- Assist with administering periodic audits of employee work authorization documents.
- Administer exit interviews.
- Compile data and submit quarterly reports for Senior Leaderships review.
- Provide assistance with recruitment efforts as needed; including evaluating applicant skills, interviewing qualified applicants and making recommendations regarding qualifications.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Ability to use judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
- Proven successful interpersonal relationship skills to maintain effective and positive working relationships with intra-department and inter-department staff, vendors, clients, visitors, and contractors.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with ability to read, interpret and present information effectively.
- Must be able to accurately audit records and ensure compliance with written or oral guidelines.
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of extremely sensitive data, records, files, conversations, etc.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Ability to recommend effective resolutions.
- Advanced organizational skills, efficiency skills and excellent attention to detail with a demonstrated commitment to completing assignments on a timely basis.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Employee is subject to standing, stooping, walking, lifting, and carrying objects throughout daily job performance.
- Work is a normal office environment.
- Intermittent effort involving lifting of amounts between 5 and 25 pounds required.
- Work requires moderate attention to details between 15% and 45% of the time.
- Driving is required occasionally.
About the Company:
Our mission is to help young children in lower-income families grow up and achieve economic success.
Our vision for the future is that children grow up and achieve economic success so that their children are not born into poverty.
Our method is to combine high-quality early childhood education with innovative family services and resources.
Our two-generation approach aims not only to prepare young children for future success in school, but also to help their parents succeed through programs designed to increase parenting skills, employability and earning potential.
We believe every child and every family deserves the same opportunity for success.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- 7-10 years of HR Management/Generalist experience, with emphasis in employee relations.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and/or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Background in employment law preferred.
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Insurance Benefit Plans CAP Tulsa provides regular full-time employees the option of participating in a number of insurance benefit plans including but not limited to the following: * All premiums are paid through payroll deduction.
- Medical CAP offers regular full-time employees and their eligible dependents health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield and subsidizes the majority of the total premium cost. With BCBS as our medical provider, CAP is able to offer one of the leading managed healthcare companies in Oklahoma, utilizing state of the art facilities and medical practitioners. Employees and their dependents are eligible for coverage the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Dental Dental coverage through Delta Dental is provided to regular full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Employees have two options to choose from based on the level of services needed.
- Vision Vision coverage is offered to employees and their eligible dependents through Vision Service Plan (VSP). VSP offers comprehensive coverage, including an annual exam, contacts and lenses.
- Life Insurance Regular full-time employees receive insurance equal to 1x their annual salary. This automatic coverage is offered at no cost to employees.
- Additional Voluntary coverage is available upon initial enrollment.
- Short Term Disability Available to full time employees, STD has a 14 day elimination period before benefits are distributed upon approval through Symetra.* Certain restrictions apply. Premiums are paid %100 by the employee.
- Long-term Disability Available to full-time employees, LTD has a 90 day elimination period before benefits are distributed upon approval through Symetra. * Certain restrictions apply. Premiums are paid %100 by the employee.
- Retirement 403(b) CAP Tulsa offers the opportunity to accumulate retirement savings by means of salary deferral and subsequent tax deferral program. A 403(b) Thrift Plan is available to provide retirement benefits to all CAP employees. Upon hire, employees are enrolled at a 3% contribution level with the option to waive or increase at any time. CAP will match the employee contribution at fifty cents (.50) on the dollar up to six (6) percent of the employee’s gross income or up to three (3) percent maximum employer contribution. Company match and vesting begins immediately upon enrollment. The plan document provides complete and detailed information on eligibility and limits.
Apply online at www.captulsa.org