Company: BattleCreek Church
Location: Broken Arrow
The benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 403(b) plan. Must have working knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws, experience working with broker firms, and excellent written and verbal communication.
Back to Job Listings
- Utilizing cost and data analysis to compare benefits and compensation packages.
- Prepare and create reports demonstrating their findings. Assists in design and implementation of benefits program.
- Analyze complex benefit plans.
- Point-of-contact for carrier connections.
- Assist with benefit negotiation process for annual benefit renewal.
- Analyze defined benefit pension plans and defined contribution plans, such as 403(b) or thrift savings plans and profit sharing or stock ownership plans.
- Evaluate current benefits programs to ensure most comprehensive benefits structure for church employees.
- Research and propose new innovative benefit and wellness programs to enhance current benefits package.
- Stay up-to-date on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect church employee benefits.
- Responsible for open enrollment process to include enrollment communication and education material.
- Strong relational skills to interact and answer employees benefits questions and deadlines.
- Manages COBRA FMLA administration.
- Manages the process of reconciling and submitting monthly benefits bills.
- Can successfully work in Microsoft Office products with a strong skillset in Excel.
About the Company:
BattleCreek Church is the perfect place for imperfect people! Our main location is in Broken Arrow but we have 6 campuses across the Tulsa/Metro area. The perfect hire for BattleCreek Church and the Benefits Specialist role is someone who is driven, a multi-tasker, creative, and completes their work from a place of compassion in their ideas and interactions with fellow employees. In addition, this is your place to know God, find freedom, discover your purpose, and make a difference!
- Two years experience in HR benefits administration and familiar with HRIS systems with preferred experience working in ADP.
- Bachelors degree in human resources or related field of study.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
BattleCreek Church offers a comprehensive package of benefits to employee's and their dependents including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, and PTO.