Company: Tulsa County
Location: 633 W. 3rd St. Tulsa OK 74127
Back to Job Listings
Under general direction, assist in developing personnel policies and procedures, assist in salary data administration programs for the divisions of the Board of County Commissioners and be responsive to employee complaints and support managers and supervisors with employee relations issues by performing the following duties:
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive and investigate inquiries and formal complaints from applicants and employees on employee relations matters.
- Assist with documentation and investigations to prepare a report of findings.
- Administer and conduct interviews on employee grievances and make recommendations to management for resolutions.
- Consult with the Director of Human Resources in appropriate resolutions of employee relations issues.
- Review employee disciplinary documents for supervisors, managers, and division directors.
- Enter employee performance notices into the Human Resources database.
- Compose and revise job descriptions for approval by the Board of County Commissioners Division Directors.
- Recommend and implement salary structure and administrative guidelines in accordance with compensation policy.
- Perform job analysis and complete job specification forms to determine appropriate job salary level according to compensation guidelines and policy.
- Respond to notifications from state agencies regarding unemployment claims filed by former employees.
- Respond to requests from State Agencies for compensation analysis data.
- Examine established policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Perform a periodic review of the Employee Handbook for the divisions of the Board of County Commissioners to ensure that it complies with applicable federal and state laws and/or policy revisions.
About the Company:
The Human Resources Department supports Tulsa County and its eight Elected Officials with recruitment and hiring, benefits, training, wellness, and the development of policies and procedures.
Working for Tulsa County means your expertise will be valued at a place that aims to help you succeed while empowering you to expand your skills. It also means you’ll get great, comprehensive benefits including:
• Competitively priced health care package
• Paid time off including vacation pay, holidays, and personal time
• Retirement benefits, including a pension
• Education assistance
• Much more
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Skill:
- Skill in conducting employee relations interviews and compliant collection; excellent written and communication; excellent organizational and time management; proficient with Microsoft Office suite and excellent knowledge of excel and data manipulation.
- Knowledge - Knowledge of employment and human resource laws, regulations, statues, and best practices, which govern the harassment free workplace, and of principles and practices guiding investigations of alleged workplace harassment or discrimination.
- Ability - Ability to research and understand relevant federal, state, and local legislation, to investigate and document complaints alleging discrimination and workplace harassment; to guide and motivate individuals to achieve results; to safeguard confidentiality; to gain the respect and cooperation of others; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to provide support and expertise in annual salary planning as well as compensation structure changes; to prepare ad hoc analysis and make design and implementation recommendations on programs; and assist with salary surveys and market pricing.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Health and Prescription Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Supplemental Cancer, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance
- Short-Term Disability (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Retirement - Defined Benefit Pension as well as a 457(b) & 401(a)
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Post-Employment Health Plan (PEHP)
- Personal Leave - Accrue 12 days per year
- Vacation Leave - Accrue 15 days per year
- Tulsa County Paid Holidays - 12 days per year
- Education Reimbursement?
Copy and paste link to apply: https://ok-tulsacounty.civicplushrms.com/CareerPortal/JobDetail.aspx?RequisitionId=64547&SourceId=4781