Company: Tulsa City-County Library
Location: Downtown Tulsa
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (ED&I) Officer will work to assess, develop, implement, research and evaluate the Library’s ED&I initiatives. This position will lead organizational change in alignment with TCCL’s vision, mission, goals and strategic priorities and play a key leadership role in the organization as part of the executive leadership team. This position will be responsible for guiding the Library in defining and creating specific outcomes, in all areas of library operations, that support greater equity, diversity, and inclusion for staff and for customers. This position will also work with the leadership teams and standing committees to create foundational understanding, equipping library staff with the skills and knowledge needed to align internal and public facing operations, communications,policies, and practices with Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (ED&I) outcomes.
Back to Job Listings
EDI Executive Council:
- Manages the EDI Executive Council, guiding and advising the formulation and implementation of EDI initiatives, and serve as primary point-of-contact for the EDI Support Team to ensure timely and detailed instructions on task and project parameters for implementation.
- Develop, maintain, and regularly report on the EDI strategic plan to include existing organizational strategy and highlight opportunities to incorporate overarching EDI initiatives.
Audit Workplace Trends:
- Audit workplace diversity trends (i.e. recruitment, hiring, retention, professional development, employee engagement) and propose changes in policies, practices, and processes that are equitable.
- Develop metrics to identify effectiveness of new and existing initiatives, organizational barriers and opportunities, provide analysis and solutions in response to trends or patterns.
- Work within the vision, strategy, and roadmap to create workplace metrics to target change, and develop internal and external partnerships.
- Partner with the Librarys Human Resources (HR) team to serve as equity and diversity expert providing consultative services and guidance.
- Support and guide the HR team and hiring managers to ensure diversity and inclusion is embedded in HR processes such as recruitment, hiring, and employee relations, and to provide resources for supporting staff.
- Assist the HR team to develop meaningful benchmarks, goals, and measures by which to assess equity and diversity.
Staff Learning and Culture:
- Partner with the Training Development Program Manager and other internal stakeholders to design and deliver learning and development programs across the organization.
- Help create a foundation of shared knowledge and understanding that fosters a culture that aligns with our strategic priority of Inclusion and Belonging.
- Attend EDI and Library conferences and participate in EDI trainings and workshops.
- Maintain professional knowledge and skills through reading professional journals, viewing related webinars, attending training or professional conferences.
- Oversee Affinity Groups, evaluating overall engagement and organizational impact, and collaborate with the organizations Resource Coordinators to ensure alignment of library priorities.
Programming, Publicity, Partnerships, and Outreach:
- Collaborate with Chief Strategy Officer and program coordinators to ensure that library service models, including programs, publicity, partnerships, and outreach efforts, are developed and assessed through an equity lens, and are reflective of the diverse perspectives, cultures, and needs of our community.
- Develop partnerships with equity, diversity, and inclusion experts.
About the Company:
The Tulsa City-County Library has been a mainstay in the community for over 50 years. Providing a variety of services to our customers such as a digital literacy lab, a maker space, and a Starbucks, this library does more than just give bookworms their next great read!
The library has a 21st century vision and is excited to fill the newly created role of Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Officer. The best qualified candidates will be practitioners with a demonstrated track record of building, implementing, and measuring relevant programs to ensure our staff mirrors that of the communities they serve.
- Demonstrated expertise in cultural competence, inclusive communication practices, cross-cultural communication, and current trends related to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport, establish credibility, and maintain trust with employees at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including training, public speaking, facilitation and presentation skills.
- The ability to work with teams, to motivate and negotiate with diverse individuals and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to audit, measure, assess, and evaluate organizational needs.
- Ability to effectively coach leaders and management.
- Self-directed with the ability to make sound decisions on behalf of the library.
- A learning growth mindset and high level of social and emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management).
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software with special emphasis in Excel and Word.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus three to five years’ experience specializing in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives required.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or Leadership, Business, Public Administration, or related field preferred.
- Certified Diversity Professional (CDP), Certified Diversity Executive (CDE), and/or professional certifications in a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with organizational change management and/or developing and executing on organizational strategies required.
- Leadership experience highly desired.
The Tulsa City-County Library offers a generous benefit package included medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays and participation in the Municipal Employee's Retirement Plan (MERP).
Apply through the Tulsa Library careers page at https://www.tulsalibrary.org/careers.