Company: Goodwill Industries of Tulsa, INC -HR Team
Location: 2800 Southwest Blvd Tulsa, OK 74107
Primary responsibilities include: staffing all open positions; reference and background check administration; assists with on-boarding and special projects.
Back to Job Listings
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads and performs initial screening of paper employment applications or electronic applications on TAM (The Applicant Manager). Seeks out, interviews, and screens applicants to fill existing and future job openings.
- Participates in internal and external job fairs. Networks with other organizations to develop potential sources for candidates.
- Assures appropriate, cost effective advertising of job vacancies through traditional media and utilizing websites and online tools (i.e. Indeed, LinkedIn, Goodwill website, etc.).
- Promotes career opportunities within Goodwill.
- Maintains approved staffing pattern and current vacancy list for updating online, website, and fax distribution list.
- Provides potential applicants with information regarding facilities, operations, benefits, and job opportunities in Goodwill.
- Refers qualified candidates to appropriate supervisor for interview and consults with hiring management on candidate selection. Provides interviewing skills information and training to supervisory personnel.
- Initiates and processes reference and background checks and alcohol/drug testing per candidate requirements. Advising management of results.
- As needed for specified positions, orders and tracks various position specific background checks and OSBI criminal background checks third party provider.
- Assures and supports proper routing, communication and approvals on new employee Personnel Requests.
- Prepare recruiting and turnover reports, weekly staffing report, and other statistical reports for evaluating effectiveness of recruiting. Assure billing for 3rd party services is appropriately billed and promptly processed.
- Assists with new employee orientation and advises supervisors regarding on-boarding methods focused on reducing turnover.
- Reviews and is familiar with Company safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and safety meetings. Maintains current certifications in First Aid and CPR and administers First Aid and CPR as required.
About the Company:
Goodwill helps people find jobs through education and training programs offered by Goodwill. Thanks to your donations, Goodwill diverts millions of pounds of clothing and household goods from landfills annually. Then when you shop our stores, you are reusing goods, saving money and helping the planet. Most significant of all, Goodwill reinvests profits right back into the community by offering education, job training, job placement and case management services to individuals with disabilities or other challenges to employment. At Goodwill, we work hard to empower people to overcome the hurdles they face to obtain and maintain a job and experience the dignity and self-respect that comes from work.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid Oklahoma Driver’s License, with a good driving record.
- Must be eligible for positive outcome on required State of Oklahoma criminal conviction background check.
- Must maintain appropriate requirements for legal vehicle operation including current automobile insurance and license plates.
- Must maintain compliance with Goodwill’s Drug and Alcohol Abuse Policy.
- Goodwill considers this a safety sensitive position because it includes tasks or duties that Goodwill reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee or others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related subject or significant prior Human Resources experience.
- Competitive Salaries and Wages
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Time
- Personal Leave
- Pension Plan
- Savings Match Program
- Available Financial Planning Services
- Wellness Initiatives
- Direct Deposit
- Insurance Coverage - Medical, Vision, Dental, Life (Term, AD/D), Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Cancer
Submit an online application and resume through www.goodwilltulsa.org/jobs
918 584 7291