Company: Tulsa Community Foundation
Location: Tulsa, OK
Back to Job Listings
This position provides human resources support for Tulsa Community Foundation, George Kaiser Family Foundation and a number of small non-profits that are connected with these organizations. This position reports to the HR Manager and is based in the Tulsa Community Foundation offices.
- Conduct full cycle recruitment including reviewing job descriptions, job posting, sourcing candidates, phone interviews, offer letters, pre-screening and onboarding.
- Utilize ATS system to efficiently move candidates through the hiring process.
- Provide HR assistance and service to broad audience including applicants, community partners, employees and leadership.
- Work with HR Manager to identify and develop recruiting strategies, especially in diverse populations.
- Work with the HR Manager to create and initiate employee engagement as well as foundation and community based events.
- Develop an understanding of benefits and policies for each organization in order to answer employee inquiries as well as provide support during open enrollment.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefit laws and regulations. Support compliance programs (e.g., EEO, ADA, FMLA etc.) to ensure legal and foundation policy compliance in all employment practices.
- Run payroll biweekly for smaller non-profits and provide additional payroll support when needed.
- Provide HR administrative and project support, including new employee set-up, maintaining employee files and organization wide communication.
- Serve as an back up for additional HR duties including payroll, benefits and hiring.
- Consistent and reliable presence to ensure that all participants, agencies, employees and leadership can receive prompt communication and service.
About the Company:
Toward the end of 1998, several charitably-minded leaders came together to help create Tulsa Community Foundation (TCF), a tax-exempt public charity organized to receive, administer and distribute gifts from individuals and organizations for the improvement of the Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma area. TCF is a collection of many charitable funds varying in size from $5,000 to multiple millions of dollars. Each fund has its own identity and benefits from being invested with other funds to create a lasting community resource. Currently, TCF manages over $4.4 billion among over 800 individual philanthropic funds. TCF staff members work daily with nonprofit agencies, corporations, individuals, government officials, and community leaders to provide superior service to the citizens of Tulsa and eastern Oklahoma, as well as to increase the charitable dollars contributed to our community.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Industrial-Organizational Psychology or related field.
- 2+ years of recent HR experience in fast paced growth environment.
- Experience utilizing HRIS & ATS systems.
Skills & Abilities
- Conduct all activities in alignment with principals and integrity of the George Kaiser Family Foundation.
- Effective communication – to a broad range of audiences; comfortable working with diverse populations and knowledge of a wide subject matter.
- Engaging and passionate – must be able to demonstrate current knowledge, interest and enthusiasm in Tulsa.
- Able to collaborate and effectively work with partners to ensure a high quality experience.
Customer Service: Strong desire to work with candidates, partners, employees and leadership to provide responsive, respectful customer service.
Attention to Detail: Organization and accuracy while maintaining timelines.
- Able to multitask while maintaining efficiency.
- Able to maintain detail oriented tasks with shifting priorities while in a fast paced team environment.
- Desire to create objectives, establish priorities and proceed with goals under limited supervision.
- Strong desire to learn and continually improve skills and techniques within the role.
Physical Requirements: The ability to sit in front of a computer monitor for multiple hours at a time.
- Experience with Paychex.
- Experience with payroll.
- Familiarity with not-for-profit organizations.