Company: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Location: Cherokee Nation Businesses
Provide human resources (HR) support to employees, in the form of accurate, consistent and timely responses via email and phone. Interact directly with employees in a way that builds trust by providing exceptional customer service and accurate information.
Back to Job Listings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Includes the following:
- Serves as the first point of contact for employees, dependents, former employees, beneficiaries and managers on HR related questions.
- Receives inquiries via email and phone and responds in a manner that meets HResponse performance standards.
- Records, tracks and documents inquiries and actions taken through to final resolution into the case management system.
- Answers employee questions and resolves issues accurately, consistently and timely; escalates as needed and provides relevant information in order to efficiently address employee issues.
- Asks probing questions to fully understand employee issues and pertinent background information; follows business processes with high attention to detail and uses multiple internal and external resources effectively to find accurate information.
- Performs detailed research of employee issue, as needed.
- Collaborates with other HResponse Team members to improve customer service and identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Recognizes consistent issues or problem areas and escalates to management to find effective solutions.
- Educates employees and managers on available resources and encourages the use of HRM and self -service.
- Represents the HResponse Team, Human Resources and Cherokee Nation Businesses in a positive manner.
- Creates, updates and edits knowledge articles to ensure accuracy, relevance and consistency.
- Performs outreach to employees as part of HR programs or initiatives, as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned. Some weekends and holidays will be required.
SUPERVISORY/MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY: No supervisory/management authority.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting.
About the Company:
Cherokee Nation Businesses (CNB) is the economic engine of Cherokee Nation — the largest Native American tribe. As the parent company of 35 businesses, CNB operates three divisions: Hospitality, Cherokee Federal and Cultural & Economic Development. We employ more than 7,500 people who work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories. We are hiring entrepreneurial leaders who have the motivation to develop and grow our diverse portfolio of companies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 1 to 3 years of human resources and/or call center experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or related field is preferred.
- Experience using case management system preferred.
- Prior experience with benefits, compensation and/or talent acquisition preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of HR principles and processes.
- Knowledge of HR technologies including a Human Capital Management system and case management system.
- Effective communication skills to interact to inquiries in a professional, courteous, effective manner.
- Effective computer skills including working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to listen and respond with the appropriate level of empathy and concern, ensuring employees receive the highest level of service for their specific need.
- Ability to build employee trust through professional, empathetic and personalized conversations.
- Ability to provide extraordinary customer service in every interaction.
- Ability to use good judgement to prioritize and escalate issues.
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and leadership.
- Ability to maintain a high level of responsibility, accountability and availability.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and information with the highest level of confidentiality.
ABOUT US Are you fun and highly motivated? Do you like to take on new challenges in a team-focused environment? Are you committed to delivering high-quality work? If so, you may be a great candidate for the CNB team!