Company: Sonaca North America
Location: Tulsa, OK
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP). The HRBP is a vital member of the HR team and the Site Leadership team providing insight and leadership in driving improved performance through employee involvement, employee development and lean manufacturing. The HRBP is responsible for all Human Resource functions at the site level and serves as a consultant and coach to managers and supervisors regarding HR issues. The HRBP supports Sonaca North America’s Quality Policy, Mission Statement, and other Sonaca North America policies and procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer satisfaction, quality products and services, LEAN processes, continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming, individual accountability, and respect for all people.
Back to Job Listings
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Based on input from the leadership team, determines and sets recruiting strategy, places ads, works with recruiters and investigates alternative staffing sources.
- Administers the selection system including screening applications, conducting tests, initial interviews, and checking references.
- Schedules follow-up interviews and tracks applications through the process.
- Assists hiring manager/supervisor in determining starting pay rate, making job offers, and scheduling physicals and start dates.
- Maintains selection records, including EEO and Affirmative Action data.
- Develops the annual Affirmative Action Plan for the site.
- Designs, conducts, monitors, and evaluates new hire orientation program. Ensures that all material and information is consistent with corporate policy.
- Conducts periodic follow-up with new employees for feedback on the orientation and training process and monitors the employees progress.
- Oversees the Training function and assists with developing and conducting training in job task skills, basic skills (math, writing, etc.), soft skills (communication, team building, etc.), and safety. Works with Training and HR personnel from other sites to share materials and ideas.
- Conducts training assessments and develops curriculum and schedules to meet requirements.
- Maintains training records, meeting quality and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates benefits administration with Corporate Benefits and Payroll personnel, including plan enrollments, communications, and problem solving.
- Maintains local benefit records and assists corporate office with benefits planning.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT COMPENSATION
- Ensures performance evaluations are completed on established schedule and consults with supervisors on employee performance and compensation decisions.
- Administers the processes through HRIS and Payroll and maintains all employee file records.
- Serves as site contact for all payroll related issues.
- Maintains site job descriptions.
- Assists with developing / maintaining pay plans. Periodically reviews pay levels for equity and disparity issues.
- Develops, maintains, interprets, and communicates all site HR policies to ensure consistency and alignment with Corporate Policy.
- Participates in employee disciplinary decisions, including prior approval of any serious action such as official suspension and/or termination. Consults with Vice President of HR on decisions which are potentially litigious or may have significant business consequences.
- Serves as site EEO officer, being the designated contact person for employees with concerns about discrimination, harassment, and/or disparate treatment issues.
- Promotes open door policy to encourage employees to consult with HRBP on any issue impacting job performance or the work environment without fear of retaliation.
- Works with Safety Team and other personnel to develop and enforce safety policies and procedures which are compliant with all federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations. Ensures site policies support corporate policy.
- Administers Workers Compensation issues, including injury reporting and treatment, employee return to work, and submission of appropriate reports to state agencies and Sonaca North Americas insurance company.
- Maintains OSHA required safety and injury records.
- Delivers and records all required safety training.
- Participates in multi-site HR, Training, and Safety related teams and project groups.
- Submits required reports such as HR Scorecard, turnover, safety, etc. on a regular basis.
- Participates in various site teams dealing with management issues, process improvement projects, employee issues, etc. May facilitate or lead teams, including the Safety Team and Volunteer and/or Fun teams.
- Models desired employee and managerial behaviors.
- Plans, organizes and executes various employee events such as annual picnic, holiday parties, company celebrations, etc. The specific role of the HRBP may vary based on events planned by the Fun team or other company groups and will ensure that company policy is followed during event planning and in the course of the event itself.
About the Company:
Sonaca North America is driven by a passion for innovation and a commitment to excellence. As a leading provider of aerospace and defense solutions, we are dedicated to making air and space travel safe and sustainable. We have 13 locations across North America and our engineering expertise and operational excellence set us apart from the competition.
Since the beginning in 1948, we have a proven track record of delivering high-quality products and services that are reliable, safe, and efficient. Our team of experts is dedicated to staying ahead of the curve in the aerospace and defense industry, utilizing the latest technologies and processes to ensure that we deliver the best possible solutions to our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or HR, and 5-7 years experience in Human Resources, or the equivalent in training, education and experience.
- PHR, SPHR, or GPHR Certification preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated superior communication skills, including written and oral skills, with strong listening and investigative abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions one-on-one from groups or individuals.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be highly ethical, have strong integrity, and use value-based decision-making. Must be trusted and regarded with respect by Sonaca North America employees.
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations related to HR.
- Must function effectively, with cooperative and friendly manner at all levels of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match contribution
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan — for access to counseling, consulting and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance