Human Resources Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Enhances the organizations human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Manages human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Advances human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
About the Company:
J-M Farms, LLC is a large agricultural company that employs over 400 people. We have operated in Miami, Oklahoma for over 40 years and are currently expanding our operations.
Human Resources Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Human resources management
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Communication processes
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment law
- Laws against sexual harassment
Organization Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles.
- 3+ years of experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations.
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Proficient in both English and Spanish preferred.
J-M Farms, LLC offers competitive wages commensurate with education and experience levels. We also offer a competitive benefits package that includes annual vacations, health, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401K retirement plan.
J-M Farms, LLC is in the process of improving and expanding operations through the addition of the latest industry technology. We are committed to being an industry leader in the United States. This commitment extends to our desire to be the employer of choice for all current and potential employees in the area. It is out of this desire that we are seeking an experienced and progressive Human Resources Director that will help to guide this vision