Company: Mental Health Association Oklahoma
The Human Resources Specialist (HR Specialist) manages payroll generation, employee benefits plans, and assists in the daily administrative activities of the HR department. Employee benefits management includes the administration of various employee benefit plans such as life, health, dental, and disability insurances, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and unemployment. The HR Specialist also champions the Wellness initiatives.
Back to Job Listings
- Analyzes, prepares, and inputs payroll data to produce an accurate and timely payroll.
- Administers and reconciles leave balances and usage, and all deductions including benefits, garnishments, child support orders, flexible spending accounts. Reviews and validates time sheets, status changes, vacations payouts and other transactions.
- Administers benefits plans including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Provides appropriate documentation to vendors and employees for claims administration. Reviews and reconciles monthly statements for accuracy and payment processing.
- Educates employees and managers for their understanding of applicable laws, regulations, and HR policies regarding payroll and benefits plans. Work with employees and vendors to resolve discrepancies in pay and benefits.
- Maintains data integrity in the HRIS system and understands the relational interactions between all modules.
- Manages Leaves of Absence applications, approvals and process.
- Manages Benefits special events. Coordinates the Open Enrollment process including benefits renewal, employee education material, biometrics, and benefit fair logistics. Coordinates the Flu Shot event.
- Manages and leads the Associations Wellness Iniatives.
- Administers the Associations retirement plan. Works with the Advisor with Quarterly meetings and employee education.
- Manages the unemployment claims process. Provides applicable documentation in the appropriate timeframes set by the state. Prepares and coordinates with supervisors for hearings.
- Reviews processes, policies and claims, and makes quality and improvement recommendations as appropriate.
- Prepares and review reports as necessary.
- Maintains and organizes Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll records in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Facilitates consistently positive, timely, and effective communication with Association employees regarding employee benefits and payroll issues.
About the Company:
The Association’s statewide work is dedicated to promoting mental health and the equity of access to mental health care through advocacy, education, research, service, and housing. Our work includes housing, mental health education, support groups, pro bono counseling, mental health screening and referral, suicide prevention, peer-to-peer recovery services, employment readiness, community health and wellness initiatives, and criminal justice advocacy.
- A bachelor's degree in human resources field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Human Resources, Employee Benefits, Payroll, or related fields and/or Non-Profit sector.
- Excellent customer service skills; works well with diverse populations.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
We’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. To attract and keep amazing employees, we want them to feel valued and secure by providing competitive pay, financial planning seminars and more. We encourage balanced lives by offering: 11 paid holidays; Paid vacation starting with 2 weeks & 4 personal days per year for full-time employees; Jury duty, military & bereavement leaves; 1 paid sick day per month. Happy, healthy people have a passion they bring to work. We offer: Medical, dental & vision; Company paid & voluntary life insurance; Employee Assistance Program; Short & long-term disability; Gym discount.
Apply on our website at mhaok.org