Company: Vast Bank
Reporting to the Chief Human Resource Officer this important role is responsible for the management and execution of a high-touch Talent Acquisition and Benefits/Compensation administration. Directs the development and implementation of policies, guidelines and practices of human resources. Oversight of salary administration, employee benefits, payroll, regulatory compliance, recruitment, work comp, and safety and health. Provides advice and guidance on the interpretation of personnel policies as they relate to individuals and to Bank objectives. Leads the day-to-day management of the HR team to ensure a high-touch employee experience.
Back to Job Listings
Essential Functions - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides strong leadership to support and direct the Talent Acquisition Manager and Benefits/Compensation Manager ensuring their success to meet the strategic HR needs of the organization.
- Collaborates with senior VP leadership team to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Coaches employees, managers and leaders in performance utilizing SLII, CliftonStrengths and Everything DiSC Workplace models.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; oversees the development and execution of best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organizations human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and multi-state employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Ensure company compliance with FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, FLSA, EEOC and other federal, state and local laws.
- Manages all aspects of the workers compensation program. Develops and implements processes and procedures to achieve cost containment. Responsibilities include claim resolution opportunities, settlements, denials and litigation management and managing the insurance carrier to ensure effective administration of the program; and providing consultation regarding claims matters to managers and employees.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Must participate in, learn and apply SLII, CliftonStrengths, Everything DiSC workplace models of leadership, strengths development and communication.
About the Company:
Welcome to Vast Bank
Our people are bold, knowledgeable, compassionate, and forward-thinking.
Our company culture is centered around personal service, flexibility, and integrity. We build authentic relationships by knowing customers deeply, building unbreakable trust, and making everyday banking surprisingly easy.
Our goal isn’t to be the biggest bank. Just the best one.
With 40+ years as a trusted financial institution, we strive to deliver the ideal blend of high-tech innovation and high-touch service for our customers at every step of their financial journey.
- At least 10 years of Human Resources and management experience required.
- Bank experience preferred.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SHRM certifications highly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bank industry’s methods and systems and how Human Resources and training are effectively used and administered in the industry.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, lead and serve others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Vast is proud to offer an amazing menu of benefits with a variety of plans to choose from: Medical, Dental, STD, LTD, Vision, Life, tuition reimbursement, professional development, a generous 401K Plan and much more! See our benefit's portfolio for details.
It is the policy of Vast Bank to afford equal opportunity in all phases of employment without regard to an individual’s race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, unfavorable military discharge for qualified individuals with disabilities, and for qualified disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era, to the extent required by applicable local, state and federal law.