Company: Oral Roberts University
Location: 7777 S Lewis Avenue Tulsa, OK 74171
Provides internal benefits administration of all facets of benefits, welfare and retirement plans, including Medical, Dental, COBRA, Life, AD&D, Disability, Retirement plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Voluntary Coverages and the ORU 403(b) and UBI 401(k) Retirement Plans.
Back to Job Listings
Partners with the Human Resources Manager, designing and delivering the best and most cost effective benefits programs for the company.
- Advises faculty and staff on all aspects of benefits programs, such as medical, dental, STD, LTD, ADD, Vol. Life., Voluntary Coverages, IRS section 125, COBRA, Retirement Plans, Medicare and other associated benefits, as available. Interacts with and guides individuals in the application of employee benefits policies and procedures. Maintains plans integrity by making sure regulatory, qualifying event and HIPAA protocols are being followed.
- Prepares and conduct bi-weekly benefit orientations; develops, coordinates and updates the production of a range of benefits information materials, updates PowerPoint presentations and plans and implements benefits information outreach sessions for all staff and faculty. Conducts one-on-one sessions as needed.
- Interacts with retirement vendors, working with them to develop programs and processes for effective implementation and communication. Attends and contributes to Administrative Committee Meetings.
- Collaborates with outside auditors, Payroll, other members of Human Resources Team, CFO and Tax Department to collect and submit necessary information for the completion of annual Retirement Plan Audits and 5500, as well as Welfare Benefits 5500 and other Tax submissions and filings.
- Arranges, schedules and organizes with Financial Counselors and/or Wealth Advisors to provide Financial/Retirement Seminars and Private Financial Planning meetings with employees.
- Oversees and Monitors Employee Benefits Online Enrollment Services, as well as Cobra and ACA 1094 and 1095 processing Services.
- Facilitates, designs, plans and implements successful Whole Person Employees Health/Wellness Fairs. Coordinates University Services, Insurance Vendors and Community Resources as needed.
- Monitors and coordinates the processing of death and disability claims to ensure compliance with policy, contractual provisions, and relevant laws and regulations; provides individual benefits counseling to employees, retirees, and/or survivors, as appropriate.
- Assists employees when accessing FMLA. Prepares FMLA documentation as required by FMLA. Follows up with employees and supervisors as needed.
- Coordinates with General Accounting, Treasury and Accounts Payable to process weekly ACH Drafts and monthly Benefits Billings.
- Organizes, schedules and facilitates annual Open Enrollment Meetings. Coordinates with brokers, vendors, online enrollment service, IT, Human Resources Manager and CFO to provide extensive explanations of benefits and online sign up for annual plan participation.
- Works concurrently with the Manager of Human Resources Manager and brokers in designing, developing benefits implementation strategies and plans; including assisting in the evaluation of requests for proposals (RFP's) involving benefits or Benefits Onboarding. When the situation merits, works with Benefits and Company attorneys to update plan documents, etc.
- Makes sure relevant Compliance testing, filings, mailings and postings for Benefits and Retirement plans are maintained.
- Stays up-to-date with current regulations ensuring compliance, such as ACA, HIPAA, FERPA, COBRA, FMLA, Medicare Creditable Coverage, CHIP, etc.
About the Company:
Oral Roberts University is a Spirit-empowered university, founded in the fires of evangelism and upon the unchanging precepts of the Bible. The university was founded as a result of the evangelist Oral Roberts' obeying God's mandate to build a university on God's authority and the Holy Spirit.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (Insurance, Human Resources, Business, Marketing preferred).
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years direct benefit experience required. Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Also must be have experience in vendor online benefits sites. Must have accurate keyboarding and 10-key skills.
- Quickly establishes and maintains rapport with administration, faculty, and staff. Works cooperatively with a variety of personalities.
- Must be able to articulate thoughts well for the purpose of effectively communicating information one-on-one, and in a group setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are paramount for effective communication with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Has a displayed ability to be a self-starter and see tasks through to completion.
- Must have an eye for detail with regard to forms, contracts and printed materials for accurate processing.
- Requires good reading, oral, mathematical, written, grammatical, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task while maintaining organization within a busy work environment.
- Must have the ability to handle the stress associated with meeting deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures and policies.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times especially for the purpose of receiving and responding to inquiries, and transmitting information.
- Must accept and be openly supportive of the purposes and goals associated with Oral Roberts University.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of information at all times: Maintains confidentiality in all matters relating to employee, student, and all other operational files under the umbrella of the offices of Benefits/Human Resources/Risk Management and its’ related departments as prescribed by both the University, state, and federal requirements under FERPA.
- Must be in compliance with protected health information as mandated by HIPPA and/or ORU policy and procedures.
- Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
- Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
- Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
- Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
- Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
- Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
- Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
- Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.