Company: BlackHawk Industrial
Location: Broken Arrow, OK
The Director of Human Resources provides tactical and strategic guidance on people and organizational development strategies in support of the business objectives. Leads the organization in the following functional areas: talent acquisition; employee relations; policy interpretation and application, performance and compensation management; talent management; organizational design; employee development initiatives and training.
Back to Job Listings
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partners with Executive Leadership to develop organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations in line with organizations strategic direction; establishes human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, employment processing, compensation, health benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, employee relations and retention andAA/EEO compliance.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Acts as change agent to organization through process design and approaches that support change and transformation; evaluates issues, patterns, and trends to provide proactive insights for HR solutions and program designs.
- Manages vendors to ensure services are delivered within contractual agreements; works to maintain professional relationships among various vendors and brokers.
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include: employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application; talent management and development; investigations; and organizational design.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Leads annual HR cycle deliverables to include performance management, merit and bonus awards, benefits enrollment, etc.
- Supervises and develops a team of HR personnel; Coaches and mentors HR team members to ensure continued professional growth in the department.
- Develops positive partnerships with multiple functional areas to drive results.
About the Company:
BlackHawk Industrial provides you the highest quality industrial products and equipment, offering manufacturing services while creating innovative engineered supply solutions. We truly believe in the importance of the local relationships with the customers we service. Our employees have fun every day exceeding the expectations of our customers, suppliers, and shareholders.
With locations across North America, you have access to thousands of manufacturers supplying a wide range of standard and custom products. Our streamlined distribution program allows you to dramatically reduce your total costs.
We are BIG ENOUGH TO SERVE, and SMALL ENOUGH TO CARE.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate in a courteous and professional manner via email, phone or in person.
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices.
- Proven experience as HR Director.
- Must be proficient with basic computer operation and knowledgeable about position- specific programs (Excel in particular).
- Proficient at analysis and problem solving.
- Strong aptitude for understanding the complex and constantly changing insurance regulations and coverage terms, as well as changes in health care law.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development.
- 5 to 10 years of previous experience in a leadership role required.
- PHR or SPHR required.
- Experience with change management and employee communications preferred.
- Experience with a start-up or acquisition oriented company preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, problem solving skills and process improvement.
- Ability to use independent judgment to solve people and organizational issues.
- Demonstrated ability to stay positive and motivated in a growing, challenging and changing environment.
- Strong coaching and consulting skills with a track record of quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders.
- Proven track record of successful partnership with supporting a remote population.
- Ability to interface and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Team player that thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Travel required-10-15%
- 401K Plan and Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
*BlackHawk Industrial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.