Company: Cherokee Building Materials, Inc.
Location: Tulsa, OK
The Payroll/HR Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of weekly payroll processing and any supplemental payrolls. They will also provide HR support to all management staff, branches and employees. Responsibilities include data entry, calculating, totaling, balancing and creating reports. Position requirements include: communication with employees with regard to salary and voluntary/involuntary deduction changes, ability to assist in preparing / updating policy and procedure documentation. This position requires a high degree of discretion, sound judgment and initiative. Strong leadership, organization, communication and planning skills are required.
Back to Job Listings
Data Entry Reporting Creating:
- Assist in preparing and updating policy and procedure documentation.
- Coordinate all processing data related to weekly payrolls.
- Ensures accuracy of payroll data, time clock entry and payroll calculations.
- Assist with answering inquiries from department heads and employees regarding paychecks, deductions, overtime, accruals and related matters.
- Maintain vacation and personal benefit accrual balances for employees.
- Communicate policies and procedures to appropriate management at corporate and subsidiary levels.
- Weekly payroll processing activities and communications.
Systems Integration Maintenance:
- Support Payroll Manager, Regional Accountants and Staff Accountants with use and maintenance of UltiPro.
- Process new hires and ensuring accurate completion of paperwork. Must be familiar with business and state employment requirements.
- Completing new hire paperwork and onboarding employees.
Personnel File Maintenance/Benefit Administration:
- Maintain confidentiality of all records, conversations, documents related to employment, benefits, EEO records, etc.
- File department records; maintain and update employee files.
- Complete questionnaires form the State related to verifications of employment, compensation, etc.
- Assists with administration and communication of company benefit plans for yard personnel.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times to internal employees.
- Participate as a flexible team player in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Assist with the administration of various human resources programs, policies procedures.
- Maintains knowledge regarding employment laws, labor relations, benefits and compensation practices that relate to the job responsibilities.
About the Company:
Cherokee Building Materials has five conveniently located yards across the region including three in Arkansas (Ft. Smith, Springdale, North Little Rock) and two in Oklahoma (Tulsa, Oklahoma City). Teaming up with the top brands in the industry, we live by one simple pledge: getting the right products into our customers' hands as quickly and safely as possible. And our network of yards ensures that you are never too far from our shipping footprint.
Many of our employees have worked at Cherokee Building Materials for 10-15 years or more. We have a number of employees who started their careers in delivery and warehouse positions and later advanced into management. This is a testament to the great culture and work environment that Cherokee Building Materials provides. We really define our employees as 'family' and truly care about the health and welfare of everyone who works for us.
All of Cherokee Building Materials' employees pride themselves in being hard working, safe, and professional in their key roles. They are the backbone of our success as a company.
- Minimum of 3 years payroll experience
- Associates degree
- Ultimate Software experience strongly preferred
- Multi-State payroll experience preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days